Just picked up a 2320! What do I need to know?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yupitsnuge

Reaction score
Hey guys! I just picked up a 2018 2320 with a 300 and it's awesome! I took it out for a quick trip and she really boogies. Any tips or tricks I should know? Any tips on winter storage? Anything to watch out for?

Anyone know about adding a second station with the new electronic throttles? The dealer told me it's plug and play, is that true?

Very excited!

Congrats on your new 2320. Storage depends somewhat on where you live. Post some pics of your new baby. Also, go into your profile and add your location etc so it helps with questions/answers.

shawnee83":t5qfl302 said:
Congrats on your new 2320. Storage depends somewhat on where you live. Post some pics of your new baby. Also, go into your profile and add your location etc so it helps with questions/answers.

I’m out of Long Island NY. Reason I ask about storage is the floor on my maritime skiff went soft last year and I’m assuming it’s from improper storage last year. It was wrapped with tarps for 2 years. Winter was sort of rough on her.

Parker glasses both sides of the floors since about 2005 ish so that helps a bunch with that type of problem. As far as the motor goes, store it all down so the water runs out of the foot and maybe fog the cylinders as you get hard freezes there. I like to run my tank as low as possible and whatever fuel is left in the tank is heavily treated with you favorite fuel treatment, (stabil, Seaform etc..) and make sure that treated fuel runs through the engine so the whole fuel system has treated fuel in it. Next season, run as much of it out as possible, then add a LITTLE fresh fuel, run that out, then change out your fuel filter, fill the tank and your good to go. The key to keeping these cabins in good condition is ventelation. If you wrap it, then leave your port windows open and maybe even crack your side windows. If stored in an I closed dry stack then definately leave the ports open. Nice call on getting that 300. Great motor and good power for that boat. If I ever re-power, I may put one on my 2120? You will love that 2320, great boat. Enjoy :D

In Florida, we keep our classic 2320 on a lift with canopy and end curtains. Use Yamaha Ring Free additive and e0 or e zero gas. Be sure motor hiys close to rated rpms. Install beckson vent shields in berth windows. Use Rain X or Aquapel on Windows. Add knob to wheel. Add windlass with remote control.

B2

Brent":akdd2uhv said:
In Florida, we keep our classic 2320 on a lift with canopy and end curtains. Use Yamaha Ring Free additive and e0 or e zero gas. Be sure motor hiys close to rated rpms. Install beckson vent shields in berth windows. Use Rain X or Aquapel on Windows. Add knob to wheel. Add windlass with remote control.

B2
I bought a sunforce solar fan from Amazon and took a old deck plate and installed. Removable. Helps keep bilge dry. Lube all deck plates regularly. Might be water does not leak through a bad plate and gas tank foam becomes wet. Check cabin plates for water and if it has a forward bilge pump. If wet it lots of water use wet dry shop vac. If has roof top horns. Cover horns openings to keep dry and or spray protective. Horns don't last long and should tilt down to drain

B2

yupitsnuge":3b390ige said:
B2- thank you! This is the stuff I’m looking for. Appreciate it greatly!
Good luck. Be sure your sufficient chain on anchor. Handed vhf radio is nice. So is PLB and ditch bag. Use windlass when motor is running. iPad worth charts is nice as backup. I use Aquamap but Garmin is nice.

B2

Brent":33oglodz said:
yupitsnuge":33oglodz said:
B2- thank you! This is the stuff I’m looking for. Appreciate it greatly!
Good luck. Be sure your sufficient chain on anchor. Handed vhf radio is nice. So is PLB and ditch bag. Use windlass when motor is running. iPad worth charts is nice as backup. I use Aquamap but Garmin is nice.

B2
The Admiral and I often.boat together and both of us can run the boat. Nice to have backup. Not depend on all boaters to behave so learn the throttle down skill and laugh it off

B2

I own a 2120 but I believe you’ll have the same issue. Duck when entering the cabin. The edge is sharp and will leave an indent in your skull after a few years. I’m bald, believe me!

Congrats on the new boat.

Steve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Luv2fish":1i3mmttt said:
I own a 2120 but I believe you’ll have the same issue. Duck when entering the cabin. The edge is sharp and will leave an indent in your skull after a few years. I’m bald, believe me!

Congrats on the new boat.

Steve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The fix for that is a piece of foam pipe insulation. The kind with the slit in it. Just slide it up there and it stays all day no matter what the conditions. It took 5 years in my 2520 MV PH and many of the aformentioned dents in the dome before I figured it out.

If you didn't get one the bench is awesome on 2017 models, don't know how it works with 2018s. I didn't get a bench until after i had the boat 10 months, mistake. I also think a permatrim was a nice upgrade. Seaspension seats also and the upgraded chair. Beanbags are also nice.

djam":dilo3fxf said:
If you didn't get one the bench is awesome on 2017 models, don't know how it works with 2018s. I didn't get a bench until after i had the boat 10 months, mistake. I also think a permatrim was a nice upgrade. Seaspension seats also and the upgraded chair. Beanbags are also nice.

By bench, you mean the folding one in front of the insulated box by the stern?

Marine bean bags. Any boating store will have them. It’s the type of vinyl used and the filler that matters. They are great for extra seating and laying out on the roof or front deck etc.. and they absorb the shock of riding offshore. Enjoy your new Parker.

I bought a big joe bean bag, it's not a chair so you shape it s you want. We use it in the cabin as a pillow or on the deck, or wedged on hte floor next to the helm. It was like 38 bucks, so when it's no good I can throw it out and buy a new one. Already has squid ink on it and the material wipes down well.

Back