Parker 23 SE - location of batteries

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BGreenwald

Reaction score
Hello,

My name is Brian and I've basically narrowed my search to 3 boats, and one of them is the Parker 23 SE (new). While I have yet to try it on the water, I'd like to ask about the location of the batteries. This boat has two batteries and it is located by the transom, under the deck and above the bilge flotation. I'm not sure how I can explain it clearly but I hope its clear enough. This boat is a 2018 model. Would you have concerns about the batteries in that location and whether it would be dry?

It does make me nervous about its proximity to water. The other makes I looked at have the batteries inside the center console and presumably a lot more dry.

Any thoughts on this? If you have a Parker 23 SE Center console what are your impressions? Weaknesses?

Thanks!

Hoping someone has any thoughts about the location of the batteries of the 2018 Parker 23 SE below the floor near the bilge pump flotation switch. Do the batteries stay dry?

Have not looked at the new 23's, but the batteries in my 2520 with a full transom were located under the deck, forward of the bilge pumps.
It was never an issue as the batteries sat on a 'shelf' so any water that got into the bilge was under them.

Check out the photos...
There was a hatch in the deck next to the transom where you could access the bilge pumps and the valve for the raw water wash down.
The batteries were forward of the pumps and slightly under the deck.

Is this what you are seeing?

Attachments

• DSCN0024.jpg
    DSCN0024.jpg
    984 KB · Views: 139
  • DSCN0036.jpg
    DSCN0036.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 139
Thanks Kevin,
I think its similar to that yes. I was surprised to see the batteries located below deck and above/forward of the bilge area. It just seemed like a place that might trap moisture. In most of the 23 center consoles that I looked at, the batteries were nearly always inside the console that seems to be more dry.

Brian

You could absolutely move the batteries to the console, but a bit of re-wiring would be needed.
If I remember correctly, the 23 SE got a larger step-inside console a few years back to accommodate a port-pottie and storage.
if you are OK with losing some of that room, moving the batteries forward might even help a bit on trim.

I always kept my bilge and under deck areas well ventilated, so having the batteries there was never an issue for me.
I also ran sealed Lifeline AGM's, so no 'service' was ever required. :)

Attachments

• DSCN0006.jpg
    DSCN0006.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 127
Thanks for the tip. I look forward to a sea trial of the Parker 23 SE hopefully next week.

Back