New to me 2120

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rollthatcoal

Reaction score
Hey all,

Have been lurking the forums for a little bit now and have finally committed to a boat I never thought of owning, atleast this soon. Going in tomorrow to leave a deposit on a 2006 2120 Parker with a 150 Yamaha 4 stroke. Very excited, has been a boat I’ve dreamed about since I had been on the water. The boat has lower hours, around 300. Very very clean boat, seems to have been taken care of and stored inside. Comes with a dual axle trailer which will need a bunch of TLC, but I am not scared of that side of things. Has a chart plotter/gps/fishfinder combo which will work for me.

Couple of questions....
1. I love boats and scan the classifieds every day but I don’t see too many 2120s. What is something like this worth? I think I am getting a good deal but I don’t really know.

2. It has a few interior pieces needing replaced, grab bars and port holes (don’t know if that’s the correct name) also the cushions for the seats are MIA, where is the best place to buy these pieces?

If anyone has any tips or remarks for me as a young Parker owner I’d greatly appreciate it. Will be so happy to be in a close cabin for spring/fall rockfish bites! Located on the Chesapeake bay and happy to be apart of the Parker family!

Congrats on the new 2120. Cushions can be purchased from Michael at Coastsl Canvas in Beaufort. 252-728-4946. He made them for Parker. What did you pay for the 2120? Pricing seems to range from $26ish to $34ish depending on a lot of factors such as part of the country and options like bow pulpits, engine, electronics etc....

shawnee83":jpz80z3w said:
Congrats on the new 2120. Cushions can be purchased from Michael at Coastsl Canvas in Beaufort. <a href="tel:252-728-4946">252-728-4946</a>. He made them for Parker. What did you pay for the 2120? Pricing seems to range from $26ish to $34ish depending on a lot of factors such as part of the country and options like bow pulpits, engine, electronics etc....

Thank you, I’m looking forward to being on this site. I had a Boston Whaler before this boat and the community was what kept it fun, I can see this being the same. I’ll give him a call, mind me asking how much that service cost?

That valuation makes me very comfortable, it’s a friend of a friend and I was able to settle on $23k. It doesn’t have too many options but I’m fine with that as long as I have a radio lol. The reason I decided to go with a Parker was for the stability, I hope it’s a stable boat at stand still. I’m a bigger guy and my old 17 foot skiff would almost tip over if I tied my shoe. Any complaints of the 2120?

He is very reasonable and I doubt you will find anybody else cheaper. Not to mention, he has all the patterns and someone else will have to figure it out. I love my 2120. It’s a very solid and well built heavy boat. You bought it at a good price. Only downside I see is that the 150 is not the ideal motor for that boat but it will get the job done. For $23K you can’t complain. It was the base motor in 06 and it’s a little under powered. Don’t run around with 100 gal of fuel all the time unless you have to and that will help. Good luck with her and welcome to CP.

My 2004 2120...

Attachments

• 2p.jpg
    2p.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 359
  • 4p.jpg
    4p.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 359
  • 11p.jpg
    11p.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 359
  • 14p.jpg
    14p.jpg
    312 KB · Views: 359
  • 15p.jpg
    15p.jpg
    159.5 KB · Views: 359
  • 10p.jpg
    10p.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 359
Great pics, I like the kicker.

I brought my girl home yesterday. It's actually an 07 with only 200 hrs! Still have a lot to learn on it, never had a boat with trim tabs.

@smittles do you have any suggestions for cruising speeds/ trim adjustments on how your boat likes to ride? I was cruising at about 28, no tabs, trim halfway. Was quite a bouncy ride in small chop. I'm hoping I can figure out a good happy medium.

Also, the boat seemed to wander at a lower speed, is this actually the case or was it me just over correcting?

Despite lots of learning to do, I really love the boat. We went out on a chilly day around 45 degrees and I was comfortable in just a sweatshirt.

rollthatcoal":2mehd696 said:
Great pics, I like the kicker.

I brought my girl home yesterday. It's actually an 07 with only 200 hrs! Still have a lot to learn on it, never had a boat with trim tabs.

@smittles do you have any suggestions for cruising speeds/ trim adjustments on how your boat likes to ride? I was cruising at about 28, no tabs, trim halfway. Was quite a bouncy ride in small chop. I'm hoping I can figure out a good happy medium.

Also, the boat seemed to wander at a lower speed, is this actually the case or was it me just over correcting?

Despite lots of learning to do, I really love the boat. We went out on a chilly day around 45 degrees and I was comfortable in just a sweatshirt.

Love my 2003 2120SC bought her new haven't had a hick-up yet 675 hrs
Im out of Hingham Shipyard marina
My boat started to wandered at low speed too I had the helm and Ram rebuilt rock solid now I did it when I had 10 years on her
Have fun with her ride her hard!

A-K":1647p0p0 said:
Congrats on the boat!

Put some pics up.

You must be a diesel tunner?
Will get some pics soon, have a few from the last snow storm. Can’t wait to get it out there.

I had my hand in diesels a few years ago, still own one but tuning and throwing money at them isn’t my thing anymore. :lol: I am actually a car dealer, the username has stuck however.

Sully":1647p0p0 said:
Love my 2003 2120SC bought her new haven't had a hick-up yet 675 hrs
Im out of Hingham Shipyard marina
My boat started to wandered at low speed too I had the helm and Ram rebuilt rock solid now I did it when I had 10 years on her
Have fun with her ride her hard!

Thank you for the input. Glad to see you enjoy yours, hopefully mine serves me just as good. So far so good, first time out we were in some nasty stuff and all went perfect. :wink:

Back