Hello!

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Davidwolfe2

Reaction score
I wanted to say hello to everyone, and thanks to all the previous posters that have left behind a wealth of information. I have 16 month old twins at home and finally decided my 21' Hydra Sports center council was not a good family fishing boat. I just purchased a new 2510 XLD WA with twin 150 Yamaha's from Happy Days in Port Clinton Ohio. My home water is Lake Erie in the Western Basin. In late summer and fall I fish out of Ludington Michigan for salmon and trout. Once a year usually in January I drag a boat down to Key West for a few weeks. Every few years I fish out of Sandwich MA for Stripers. I am a few weeks away from towing the boat from Ohio to Key West and was wondering if anyone else does a lot of towing with a 2510? I am going to take down my enclosure for the tow and was wondering if anyone has any ideas for keeping salt and snow out of the cockpit while driving. I have thought about shrink wrapping the boat or just the cockpit, but that would be a bit of a pain. Any advice would be appreciated!

I also have a 2510. Did your boat come wrapped from the factory? If so, see if you can have that to cover the boat for the way down. It is like a shrink wrap material. It is a nice, durable soft lined plastic that fits the hull well.

It was actually a demo boat so I bet it is long gone. I will look into it! After a few seasons on your boat are you still in love with it?

I know of a couple of folks who have had their boats shrink wrapped for transport when buying or selling, but not they way you intend to use her.
I would suggest asking the dealer about the shipping cover eyedoc mentioned, or look into a reusable canvas cover.
Only other option would be a 'cleaning party' when you arrive in FL. :D

I STILL do love the boat. It is a great fishing platform. The 150's move her well for how I use the boat with great fuel economy.
I would seriously consider putting on Permatrims. They made a huge difference in how she handles and rides. It is a 'WIDE LOAD' for transit because of the beam, so if you are going to trailer it, you may need to get permits depending on the states you are traveling through.

After a short conversation with my canvas guy. He said shrink wrap it, or detail it when you arrive. A canvas enclosure may flap in the wind and abuse everything it touches. He also said shrink wrap would be good but it would need to not move to keep from marring any finishes. If anyone is in the Key West area over the month of January look me up. I will be there from the 1st till the 21st!

Back