Looking to buy 2520 Pilothouse

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FishEnvy

Reaction score
Hey guys I’m new to this forum but I’ve enjoyed reading it the last couple weeks as I look for a used 2520 to purchase. My plan is to buy a used hull for around $20k from the 1990’s, install a tower with top and control station, drop a new 300hp Suzuki 4 stroke on the transom, and get her a fresh paint job. I plan on having a survey done before I purchase anything, but I was wondering if there are any specific dry rot issues or anything else I should look for when purchasing a 20 year old Parker 2520 Hull. Modified v or deep v doesn’t matter to me as much as finding a structurally sound Hull. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated, thanks!

Dry rot shouldn't be an issue, but pay attention to any owner mounted items to make sure that the core was sealed properly.
If you want to see how to properly seal the wood core, there are hundreds of project posts here that will help guide you.

Megabyte":1t1974vb said:
Dry rot shouldn't be an issue, but pay attention to any owner mounted items to make sure that the core was sealed properly.
If you want to see how to properly seal the wood core, there are hundreds of project posts here that will help guide you.
I don't recall the full or exact details but some older boats, the decking plywood on the hull side was not sealed.

B2

Back