1987 25’ sport cabin

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Butchtruitt

Reaction score
Ok first post here for me! Love the sight love Parker’s! I will post pics soon. Picked up an 87 sport cabin that has new tanks New stringers and New floor, closed transom with a 5.7 I/O. I plan on a bracket with an outboard in the future. Anyone have one of these older boats that could tell me a few things to expect?

Butch

Brent":19nohizv said:
Butchtruitt":19nohizv said:
ok I have pics but cant figure out how to post.
Install Tapatalk app on phone

B2
Ok here are a few pictures I’ll get better ones soon
This boat has new floor and stringers with (2)50 gallon tanks the cabin is in great shape.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• IMG_2056.JPG
    IMG_2056.JPG
    311.5 KB · Views: 245
  • IMG_2047.JPG
    IMG_2047.JPG
    333.8 KB · Views: 245
  • IMG_0297.JPG
    IMG_0297.JPG
    338.3 KB · Views: 245
Butchtruitt":7kkap5jb said:
Brent":7kkap5jb said:
Butchtruitt":7kkap5jb said:
ok I have pics but cant figure out how to post.
Install Tapatalk app on phone

B2
Ok here are a few pictures I’ll get better ones soon
This boat has new floor and stringers with (2)50 gallon tanks the cabin is in great shape.

.Sharp! I am like the logo.

Butchtruitt":x3bt9ezk said:
Ok first post here for me! Love the sight love Parker’s! I will post pics soon. Picked up an 87 sport cabin that has new tanks New stringers and New floor, closed transom with a 5.7 I/O. I plan on a bracket with an outboard in the future. Anyone have one of these older boats that could tell me a few things to expect?

Butch
I have a 1989 25’ MV. I have had since 2001. It’s a battle tank in general. Issues I have had to deal with or will need to deal with:

Side windows gaskets for sliding windows open dry out and become brittle and crack away. This makes windows hard to slide open and also rattle. I was able to find someone who had some original stock and replaced them. I have posted the info on where I got it on the form a couple years ago.

Front windows (non opening) leak. I need to remove and dismantle, rebed them onto house and rebed windows with new gaskets. Still on my to do list. I got the gaskets from the same supplier as above. Haven’t done a bit messy and easier when warm and I usually don’t want to work on her once it’s nice out. Had gaskets for years :-0

I have a few soft spots on gunnels and roof where previous owner drilled in and did not properly prep exposed core around hole. I have fixed some and need to fix others.

I have one soft spot on floor. It’s 2’x2’ right behind house on starboard side. I assume there is some minor rot beyond the floor itself. It’s been this way for three years. I am holding off on repairing this spot to rip up entire floor and replace fuel tank. My tank is fine (knocking wood) but is almost 30 years old so it’s a matter of time. I will eventually get to it.

Other than these things the boat has held up really well. And with these things it still held up better than many other things I have owned, boats included.

Although i would love a newer one i love this old boat. She stays in water March through most of December on the north shore of Boston. We fish a lot, dive, haul traps, go to the beach with her. She is very capable and reliable work horse.

Pic is older. I now have a 2004 Mercury Optimax 225.
2511667c323e796768d29f9fce4e34e4.jpg

Good luck!

MV Tall Tails,
Thanks! I appreciate the input. I dont have it in the water yet since we still have snow at the marina. It will be in soon. I pretty much have the same boat. The tanks were replaced and a new floor and stringers put in. I really don’t see any real issues with the boat. I want an outboard but with the brand new mercruiser and New outdrive I couldn’t pass up on the price. Outboard will come latter.

I plan on a full detail with pictures soon

BT

With the floor, stringers, and tanks replaced, you've pretty much taken care of any problems a boat of that vintage might have.
Enjoy her!

Back