8th Annual, Annapolis Area Classic Parker Rendezvous !

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Megabyte

Reaction score
The 8th annual ClassicParker Annapolis area Rendezvous date has been set!

Saturday August 17th 2013 is the day, from 1100 until ?... so, mark your calendars and pray for light winds and fair weather... again! 8)

The 7th annual event had to be suspended last year due to weather and other unforeseen circumstances, so let's reboot this thing and try again this year!

The place: Inside of Ridout Creek, off of Whitehall Creek near Greenbury Point and the Chesapeake Bay.
That is the spot we chose the last couple of years and it has turned out to be our best location ever.
Protected from wind and waves and the entire creek is a 6kt zone so we shouldn't have any issues while rafted up.

http://www.lat-long.com/Latitude-Longit ... Creek.html

The occasion will be casual, so bring your grill, your cooler, your water toys, and your family... and enjoy a laid-back day floating on a quiet Chesapeake Bay tributary with our old and new ClassicParker friends! :D

Yes folks, I will be there :D !

With the Admiral of course :) ... and I have her permission to say so ...

DaleH":2kb8y9xo said:
Yes folks, I will be there :D !

With the Admiral of course :) ... and I have her permission to say so ...

Nice!!

You going to grace the deck of the Megabyte?

Looks like we'll have to set the date for CT, probably do it on the same day. We can post live updates. :mrgreen:

Since I am fairly new to the site - can you bring me up to speed on the rendezvous - beer, boats and b.s.? The link to the location does not seem to work Megabyte. Is there a clean bilge competition? :mrgreen:

Bryan 2530":oojl8oee said:
You going to grace the deck of the Megabyte? Looks like we'll have to set the date for CT, probably do it on the same day ...
Well, if you did your rendezvous on a different day then I'd like to grace the decks of one of your boats!

Regulate It":5y55vtqx said:
Since I am fairly new to the site - can you bring me up to speed on the rendezvous - beer, boats and b.s.? The link to the location does not seem to work Megabyte. Is there a clean bilge competition? :mrgreen:

Beer, boats, BS, food, swimming... whatever you'd like. It's very low key. :)

Try the link again. I believe I fixed it.
http://www.lat-long.com/Latitude-Longit ... Creek.html

Ridout Creek is a port side turn off of Whitehall Creek and only minutes from Greenbury Point and the Bay.
If you've never been into Whitehall Bay and Whitehall Creek before, take notice of the ATON's and follow the channel when entering.
There are several shoals that will get you into trouble at low tide if you do not follow the marks.

No competition of any type, though some folks do make a full day of it and fish on their way. :wink:

DaleH":34bhm7so said:
Bryan 2530":34bhm7so said:
You going to grace the deck of the Megabyte? Looks like we'll have to set the date for CT, probably do it on the same day ...
Well, if you did your rendezvous on a different day then I'd like to grace the decks of one of your boats!

More then welcome Dale

miky2884":1d9q6exk said:
DaleH":1d9q6exk said:
Bryan 2530":1d9q6exk said:

More then welcome Dale

Yeah, we could. Any days in particular that would be good?

Bryan 2530":2fnrtd66 said:
Any days in particular that would be good?
End July to early Aug is always good for me, as where I boat gets hit with greenheads (horse flies) at the end of July ...

But do the weekend that works for you all ... and if I can make it, I sure will! Weekends in the Summer are dedicated to boating!

Regulate It":26u4xvod said:
Megabyte - thanks, the link works. I did not realize how close it is to Sandy Point = launch - fish - BS - beer- and fish some more - sounds like a perfect day

Absolutely!

I also launch primarily at Sandy Point. My only question is...will I be cool enough showing up on an 1801 or should I purchase a larger Parker prior to the raft up? seems like everyone here has a pilot house boat.
good times...G

All Parkers of any size or configuration are welcome.
In fact, we may even have a non-Parker or two in attendance. :wink:

Megabyte":39bj4zjz said:
The occasion will be casual, so bring your grill, your cooler, your water toys, and your family... and enjoy a laid-back day floating on a quiet Chesapeake Bay tributary with our old and new ClassicParker friends! :D
Tickets booked ... I'm going!

Got word that our 'anchor' for the event will be a 40' Robbins baybuilt.
Pal-O-Mine did the honors a couple of years ago, and will be doing it again this year.

Come join us !

Attachments

• Pal o Mine.jpg
    Pal o Mine.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 740
Megabyte":3vruzt3l said:
Got word that our 'anchor' for the event will be a 40' Robbins baybuilt. Pal-O-Mine did the honors a couple of years ago, and will be doing it again this year.
Ohhhh, the Admiral will love that ... as it probably has a stand-up head with a china bowl ;) !

Beats the ol' bucket any day o' time, in her mind ...

Back