Carolina's Rendezvous - Beaufort, NC-Cape Lookout, Ocracoke

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shawnee83

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought it was worth putting out there to try to have a gathering at any of the above mentioned places. You would think that there would be some interest with so many Parker owners in these areas. Anytime is good for me but I would think April or May at the earliest would be a good starting point. Anybody else out there interested in doing this? If so, please share your thoughts on the best time/place etc.

Nobody? I've never been to Ocracoke so I'm planning on taking a trip as soon as the weather turns in April. It's should be a good reasonable run from Beaufort. I'm still up for other options is anybody's interested?

Shawnee, now that I have my Parker and watch this site let me know if you try to do this again or plan to travel to one in our area, Topsail, Moorehead, Wrightsville, etc. Thanks!

Angus, maybe we should just try to do one in Beaufort. It is set up so nobody needs to have cars and it has lots of docking, hotels and restaurants are all right there. It can also handle plenty of boats if we get a crowd. We could arrange for a plant tour also if there was any interest. Megabyte suggested that I just set a date and put it out there. "If you plan it, they will come" I guess? I could do it as soon as the weekend of June 13th. Then pretty much any weekend from June 27th on with the exception of the 4th of July. We wouldn't want to do it then. Your thoughts? I'll repost a another try with a firm date and see what happens?

Were down in MHC area throughout the summer and raft up in the normal spots - shack and lookout. Could do the tour the week of 7/28 sometime

Shawnee, let me know what you guys come up with. We are in our busy season with our company, but if I have enough notice would love to jion in. Thanks!

Hi Angus, so far there are 3 of us and Ryanc2 mentioned the week of 7-28 which is as good as any for me. I've just been busy the last few weeks and put it on the back burner. How is that week for you? I'd prefer to do the tour on Friday and hang out over the rest of the weekend. If you are good with that week, I'll reach out to Parker and schedule a tour and post something official to see if others will join us. I'll be down next weekend weather permitting to take my 85 yr old mother out for a trip to the cape. Wife and son will be in Minneapolis for a week. Thought it would be a good leisurely trip for mom that weekend. I'll be down the following weekend as well with family at Emerald Isle. Maybe we can catch up if you happen to be up that way one if those weekends.

Hey Shawnee!

July 27th would be great for the tour, most likely will bring my 37 year old nephew who is more like my son as he helps me on all the boats, etc. If that works then yes we would love to zip the boat down as well and hang out with some other Parker owners, I will firm up that date with him as well, but count me in, the wife will most likely stay back at the house on Friday. Would love to catch up with you guys as it sounds we have alot in common. I would love it if I oculd get my 87 year ld Mother on my boat, but those days are behind her as she says, LOL. We do plan to be down next weekend, had to much work going on this weekend so I will PM you if we make it down. Most of the time we are down just about every weekend, just have to work face to face in Raleigh sometimes, you know how that goes. Great to hear from you and hope all is well! BTW caught our first dolphin last weekend!

Sounds Good Angus. Ill work on the tour this week and post something afterwards. Congrats on the fish. I want to get farther out and catch some Dolphin too. Talk soon.

Hey guys, not sure how I missed this thread so long. I'm in Beaufort as well and would like to get in on this if it works out. I've been to the factory when I was first getting my deal set up but wouldn't mind going again. It's only about 10 minutes from my house. I do the Shack and Cape thing occasionally, the Admiral likes to do the beach thing more than me. I'd rather be out fishing somewhere. I'd be interested in a day trip to Ocracoke too, we had talked about that. Crusing up and doing an overnighter. I"m assuming you're thinking of running the ditch or were you looking to hit a weather window and run up ocean side?
Also looking for some fishing partners if anyone is interested. Just getting into the game and have a lot to learn.

Mark, based on others feedback, I was going to try and schedule a plant tour and Rendezvous for Friday 8-1 and weekend. I'm going to call the Parker folks here in the next couple of days and see if that Friday will work for them. Keep an eye on the Rendezvous thread as I think that I'm going to post a new one with that firm date if all goes well with the plant tour plans. I'll be around the Cape this weekend so myabe I'll see you around. I think that I've seen your 2320 if it's the one with the blue hull? Lookforward to seeing you around. I could use an offshore fishing buddy boater as well. Stay in touch. My 2120 is currently nameless but has a black bimini top.

Yea, I've got the blue hull with a blue bimini. 3 By The Sea with the beagle in the name. I'm at the Boathouse on Taylor's Creek and should be out and about this weekend. I've always got the radio on so give me a holler if you see me. I'm looking for somebody to split fuel and impart some knowledge. I'm fairly new to the area just moving here in 2011 and while I've been fishing all my life, most of it has been freshwater or from the beach. I've had my Parker for a year this month and finally made my first offshore run Tuesday. We did pretty good I think picking up 7 mahi. I'm itching to go again.

Back