Carolina's Rendezvous - Beaufort NC 8-1-14 Weekend

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shawnee83

Supporting Member
Reaction score
After hearing feedback from several members here on CP, I have decided to move forward with a firm date of the 8-1-14 weekend in Beaufort. I have scheduled a plant tour at the Parker plant for the afternoon of Friday 8-1-14 at 2pm. Lodging can be secured at the Inlet Inn 252-728-3600. Beaufort Town Docks 252-728-2503. They have power wifi and full bath/shower facilities. If you have never been to Beaufort it's a great place to visit. I personally think it offers the best boating and fishing opportunities in NC. Most all of your needs for the weekend are within walking distance of the docks. Shopping, restaurants and bars are steps from the docks. Cape Lookout is about a 9 mile boat ride. You can get there running either inside or offshore if the weather permits. There are miles of uncrowded beaches and great fishing in the the Beaufort/Cape Lookout area. I've attached a few photos for reference. Please RSVP for the plant tour and general attendance. I will reserve slips at the docks based on replies.

I look forward to seeing you there!
Jonathan Smith

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 536
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    204.5 KB · Views: 537
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    177.2 KB · Views: 537
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    158.7 KB · Views: 537
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    302.8 KB · Views: 536
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 536
Count me in on the tour. I should be able to take the afternoon off. I'll have to play it by ear for getting out to play on the weekend.

If I come by boat what is the plan for getting to the plant. They are right across the street from Jarrett Bay if I remember correctly.

Semperfido":c45zmwpd said:
If I come by boat what is the plan for getting to the plant. They are right across the street from Jarrett Bay if I remember correctly.

It's more like down the road from them. Jarrett Bay is on the ICW and Parker is about a half mile or so away on hwy 101. I'm not sure if you could dock your boat around Jarrett Bay? If you want to dock at the Beaufort Docks, I'll be happy to give you a ride to the plant from there? If you can dock at Jarrett or another near by spot, I'm sure we can work something out. Hope you can make it.

windknotnc":21qaihxd said:
I would love to make it but I will be moving my son to Port St Lucie, Florida for grad school that week. You guys have a great time.

Sorry you can't make it. Maybe next year we can have another try at this.

Unfortunately something has come up last minute and I'm not going to be able to make it. Would like to catch up with some of you folks at some point.

Well the weather was absolutely terrible for sure. Ryan did make it to the plant tour with his family but then was unable to bring his children in due to insurance regulations/Parker policy. I can honestly say it was a bust. Maybe I'll see some of you guys out on the water.

Back