Ego Alley

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Parker

Staff member
Reaction score
A relaxing ride for the crew (not the Captain) down Ego Alley

Attachments

• Summer 2008 039 (Small).jpg
    Summer 2008 039 (Small).jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 1,093
  • Summer 2008 044 (Small).jpg
    Summer 2008 044 (Small).jpg
    52 KB · Views: 1,093
  • Summer 2008 038 (Small).jpg
    Summer 2008 038 (Small).jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 1,094
We took the same cruise through Ego Alley after the raftup. The beautful weather brought out the folks. I still felt proud to be in my little 23 foot Parker. Did any of you get the name of the megayacht on the end pier?

Charlie,
Eden, Md.

It was a bit busy going in... but coming out was clean and green.

I've done it so many times now that I (sort of) know what to expect, though Miss Anne did cause me to use a bit more 'reverse throttle' than I an used to using. :shock:

I did note the name of the megayacht in the harbor, but the name escapes me at the moment. If I remember it, I'll post back.
It was quite clever, if I remember correctly.

I have told my guest before, and I will say it again...
I could not afford the fuel it takes to run that boats generator. :(

Megabyte":8op66v79 said:
I have told my guest before, and I will say it again...
I could not afford the fuel it takes to run that boats generator. :(

Sure you could megabyte, it may only keep the lights running for a little bit, but you could do it!

I had a navy friend tell me the other day that his ship burns 12 gpm of diesel on a smaller destroyer, imagine that bill.

I gotta say though, I'm happy with what I have in life, great wife, kid on the way, boat, trucks, JOB. Of course I have my 'dreamboats', but I'm not discontented with what I have. With an unlimited budget, I don't know what kind of mindset would lead somebody to want a boat so big that it would be unpersonable... if it were me, Id have something for maybe one or two close families to come on, the women happy with a nice interior, and plenty of fishing space, and room for kids to run around. I would never want anything so big that you'd have a bunch of staterooms empty at any given time, or filled with people that you only half want to be there.

I don't know if that makes sense, but I'll stick where I'm at, admire the engineering of those monsters, and dream of a 60' Hatteras.

I'm really happy with my 23 ft boat. I don't have to hire a captain to operate it for me. I go out by myself a lot, so I would have a little trouble singlehanding that beast.

Back