SoCal Parker BBQ in Long Beach Harbor

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fuellevellow

Reaction score
I would love to get together with you SoCal Parker owners for a day in Long Beach near Chaffy Island. We can BBQ look at each others boats/modifications and just talk Parkers and enjoy the day. I would love to show the rest of the nation that SoCal is full of proud Parker owners.

I will organize it and donate some burgers and dogs.

Who is up for it?

Yeah these guys can do it in January and have a day in the low 70's! All this while we in New England are looking at 2 feet of snow on the tarp cover over our beloved Parkers :p :roll: :D

Only problem for me is we slip in Dana Point so it is a little bit of a trip for us on the water.
I would have to say I am down with it though.
Dave

I’d love to do it. You might try posting this on the main board, I don’t think this board gets much attention. With all the Parkers around all bet you would have a great turn out if you could get the info out.

We could make it, but we would probably need to meet someone at the ramp as we would have no idea where to go, we only launch out of MDR, but if someone would give us the gps #, we could motor down ! But sounds fun for the everyone, can we bring the mini fisherman ( kids) ?

Sounds like a good time! I know of a couple of guys up my way that might trailer their boats down to Long Beach.
I'd make a weekend out of it.Meet,and greet w/some Parker brethern,hang out,and BBQ for the first day,then go grab bugs,or go fish Catalina!
MJ.

Come on guys lets chime in on this. Lets pick a date after the holidays and do it. We could even do a little winter bass tourney at the breakwall or even better a bug tourney where we get to eat the catch after the weigh in.

With the price of gas it seems like a shame not to cruise over to Catalina for the party, but I’m game for anywhere the majority likes best.

Excellent idea. Maybe a Halibut deal. BBQ's the best part.

Best to pick a date and a rain date in January.

Jeff

I'm game...Catalina or Long Beach

I also have a spot in Long beach for Lobster, minimum of 1 ten pounder each time I have hit it the last two years. Went out three weeks ago and 3 were between 9 and 10- only hit the spot twice this year, sorry to hijack the thread.

PA040363.jpg

PB080410.jpg

PA040362.jpg

I thought Brian was volunteering to round up dinner! Great catch, I haven’t caught a lobster big enough to steak out the tail yet. It’s not hi-jacking when you contribute. It might be a little bragging though. But then again it’s not really bragging when it’s all in fun. Man I sure hope we can get this off the ground.

How about the weekend of January 16,17and18? No holidays and we can take ideas and run with it.

Love to do a Catalina trip. LB might be interesting if Brain's willing to share some dope on his lobster spots there!

Like my Grandpa always told us "It aint braggin if it's true"
Awsome bugs.
Jan.is a little close after the holidays for me.
How about in early March? Bugs are still around,and Rockfish opens again.
But hey I'm down for whatever the majority wants.
Awsome idea about a fish/bug off then eat em up!

Come on!
Let's do it!
MJ.

TopShot25":23dakilu said:
I thought Brian was volunteering to round up dinner! Great catch, I haven’t caught a lobster big enough to steak out the tail yet. It’s not hi-jacking when you contribute. It might be a little bragging though. But then again it’s not really bragging when it’s all in fun. Man I sure hope we can get this off the ground.

How about the weekend of January 16,17and18? No holidays and we can take ideas and run with it.

Count me in for January 16,17, and 18!!! Works for me and another Parker owner. Anyone else up for a Parker gathering???
Happy Holidays Guys!

Date works for Peregrine. Catalina or Long Beach?

We just got to Beaufort, NC for a week in the heart of Parker country. I'll be up for some organization assisting when we get back.

Jeff

Ok parker fanatics,
Here is a tentative plan:

For folks trailering in, Launch from the Long Beach Area, ideally this place:
Davies Launch Ramp - 6201 E. Second Street, Long Beach, CA. located under the Davies Bridge at Second Street and Marina Drive. This facility is open 24 hours. $10 per day use fee. Nice and wide lanes with plenty of parking + washdown.

Meetup in Long Beach by the man-made islands (http://wikimapia.org/1416859/Island-Chaffee) for a meet & greet/bbq. We can include an option to run to Catalina Island if conditions look ideal (low swell/wind) as Two Harbors can be very nice this time of year (day hikes, fishing, lounging, low crowds, etc).

Let me know what you think.

Back