SoCal Rendezvous

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian S

Reaction score
Well my wife and I had an absolute blast, the weather could not have been more perfect. Here are a few of our photos, I know that Dave (Sweet Pickle) has the best on the water shots. We caught a few lobster and some big red crabs. It was great to meet everyone, a real great group of guys! The worst part is now I have all these project ideas after seeing the "Horndog".

P1180475.jpg

P1170474.jpg

P1170473.jpg

P1170472.jpg

P1170466.jpg

P1170467.jpg

P1160460.jpg

P1160459.jpg

P1160461.jpg

What a great weekend.

Weather in the low 80's, no wind, great people, and great boats. Excellent way to spend a Saturday afternoon.

Now to find time for the projects that were inspired.

Jeff

Attachments

• TunaTangoMidChnnl.jpg
    TunaTangoMidChnnl.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 773
  • MorningWake.jpg
    MorningWake.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 773
  • Raft1.jpg
    Raft1.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 773
  • Raft2.jpg
    Raft2.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 773
What a great time. Parker owners must be the best, because I can’t imagine meeting a better bunch of people. I’ll let Dave share the pictures as he did have THE CAMERA of the group. I started taking a few and just put mine away since Dave also had a kayak to cruise around on and take the best group pics. I do have a couple of pictures I will try to add later. I forgot to download them.

My buddy bill and I left Friday night and made our way over to the island. On the way over I had the first problem with my Yamaha’s. It turned out to be nothing, but it did teach me something. While cruising at my normal 4,200 RPM’s at 24 knots, about half way across I noticed my port tach acting crazy. It would bounce around from about 3,000 to 7,600 RPS. Then when I pushed the trim switch it would temporarily kill the engine. Let go of the switch and it would run fine. When I got to the island and slowed down I hit the trim switch and it killed the engine. Looking around I found I could switch batteries and the other engine would be dead. It appears to be the ground for the port engine. I’m going to look into that a little more this week. Never had another problem all weekend. Anyway Bill and I hooped Friday for my first big fat zero ever on lobsters. Man we had a ton of shorts but no legals. So we anchored and got some sleep. Next morning we went down east and found some real nice bonito. We got 6, four of which went from about 4-6 pounds. Not bad, and now we had some bug bait and some fish for the BBQ. We tried to find some calicos before the 1:00 get together, but as it turned out those little turkeys were too much for us. So off to the Rendezvous we went.

Took us a little while to get the raft thing going but it all worked out great. Jeff killed us with the smell of those brats cooking on the BBQ. I think he had a line of takers at one point. You guys on the web site would be proud, we had a couple of open canvas backs there. What a treat as I had never actually seen one and boy do they sure open up the boat, great rides. As you would guess there were Yamaha’s everywhere, well except for that Diesel of Dave’s of course. Very nice clean boat and better MPG’s. Don’t know why they don’t still offer them, especially since diesels seem to be evolving everyday. Brian had his blue lights shining when we hoping later in the evening. They sure add a nice touch. It seems most everyone has a tower out here on the west coast. Well except for Brian, but I’m sure it’s not far off as I think he has Kim almost sold on the idea. It’s only money Kim, and it’s bound to be ALMOST the last thing he needs. Paul has a nice 21 that is set up really nice autopilot, tower and all. Time flew by and before I knew it we were breaking up and heading out. I didn’t get a chance to spend time with our friends down on the end, which was the one boat other then a Parker. Our guests had a real nice Seaswirl. My buddy Bill said “you got to watch for those Seaswirl guys their knuckleheads“. :wink: He actually said that, but he has a 21 Seaswirl. So knowing full well he was joking, I told him “well you ought to know”. :lol: :p Didn’t get to talk much with David on Tunatango either, but he was pretty busy diving and swimming anyway.

What a great group, I know we will have a better turn out if we do it in the spring or summer. The weather although great, did not look like that in the forecast. All we have to do is figure out how to get everyone to stop fishing long enough that time of year. I guess we could all raft up down on the squid grounds and take bets if anyone could land a seabass or yellow jumping from boat to boat. Would be a great video.

Brian, Kim and Dave it was great hooping and hanging with you guys Saturday night. We ended up with 6 bugs and the one red crab.

Now that is the way to do it! :D
It looks like everyone was having a good time. Thanks for the photos!

Congratulations to everyone who participated!! 8)

Thanks guys for organizing such a fun and successful first annual Parker winter rendezvous for SoCal owners. We sure had a blast hanging out with everyone in absolutely epic mid-January weather and conditions. After seeing our pics, I bet we could entice a few east-coast guys to trailer out for next year's event! Here are a few more pictures of the festivities. Enjoy!
-David
2005 2320 "Tunatango"

Attachments

• Photos 878.jpg
    Photos 878.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 695
  • Photos 875.jpg
    Photos 875.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 695
  • Photos 872.jpg
    Photos 872.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 695
  • Photos 866.jpg
    Photos 866.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 695
  • Photos 865.jpg
    Photos 865.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 695
looks like a great time......and the wx!

i can't stop DROOLING over all the mods on those west coast sleds. you guys have been holding back in the "projects forum."

Dave, thank you for the pics, great job. Brian, you better have a copy of the one of the group with your boat in the front. Man that's crying to be on wall somewhere.

Back