carolina's raftup?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tnnelvision

Reaction score
Seems odd we guys so close to the birthplace of our beloved Parkers, have not hosted a raft-up. Now this could be the mother of all raft-ups. You Chesapeake guys could convoy down the Bay And ICW to Beaufort N.C. Maybe raft up out @ Cape Lookout, call Parker, have a photo shoot in front of the lighthouse, overnight back @ Beaufort and maybe a tour the next day of the factory, only 5 miles away. What do you guys think, maybe late summer?

You know, I'm surprised at the seemingly small number of NC members on this site due to the close proximity and popularity of Parker boats.

I 2nd the idea of a raftup and think CL would be a great place.

I would love to also see a trip out of Oregon inlet. I have seen many Parkers travelling south to the inlet on the highway during the last 2 months. I(I live in Kitty Hawk).t would be great to coordinate.

I don't have the greatest tow vehicle right now but am looking around... I would love to come up there as long as I could fish for some tuna and albies at the same time. Fall? Between storms. Mr Geeze leading the fleet to the grounds?

OK, after reading the comments on how few NC Parker owners are in the forum, I felt compelled to join in (home port-Swansboro, NC).
I would be interested in joining a raft up in the Beafort-Cape Lookout area.
If Albies are on the agenda then Oct-Nov would be the best time, but there is good fishing there year round!
The Cape Lookout hook is a great anchorage and there are camping facilities at the C.Lookout National Park for anyone with a smaller open boat :D .

Attachments

• Parker-1801-C.Lookout.gif
    Parker-1801-C.Lookout.gif
    65.1 KB · Views: 1,281
New year coming up. Let's make it happen in 2011. I dragged mine home to Beaufort from CA, let's see how many different state registrations we can get at Cape Lookout. I'm vying for longest tow. June? Fall?

Oh, I need to change my hometown to Beaufort, NC...Straits, really.

Now is the time to plan.

JW

Peregrine":2euvky53 said:
New year coming up. Let's make it happen in 2011. I dragged mine home to Beaufort from CA, let's see how many different state registrations we can get at Cape Lookout. I'm vying for longest tow. June? Fall?

Oh, I need to change my hometown to Beaufort, NC...Straits, really.

Now is the time to plan.

JW

Cape Lookout sounds wonderful. The sooner the better.

After we took delivery of our 2120, we spent the night on the hook at Cape Lookout. Great boat, great area - I'd look forward to a raft up there.

I am here and in...Home town is Tarboro and Emerald Isle, home port is between Radio Island, Town Creek Marina, or Swansboro. I think my crowd would love to hang at the Cape for a day of fellowship.

I am in as well....we usually make day trips from Goldsboro. In fact the family and I are going to practice this weekend at the Cape with the neighbors.

I'd be in as well. Should be a great time for all and really you can't find any nicer area than the Cape to do it at. Late summer the weathers great and the fishing is too. I'm in Beaufort and would be glad to help in most any way.

Back