The 4th annual Classic Parker Annapolis Rendezvous!

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Megabyte

Reaction score
The fourth annual ClassicParker Annapolis Rendezvous date has been set!

Saturday August 1st 2009 is the day, from 1100 until ?... so, mark your calendars and pray for light winds and fair weather! 8)

The place: Inside one of the protected creeks of Whitehall Creek which is inside of marker 2W of Whitehall Bay, north west of Greenbury Point at the mouth of the Severn River.
http://www.lat-long.com/Latitude-Longit ... Light.html

Wind and boat wakes in previous years bumped us around a bit, so I've decided to move us inside one of the creeks off of Whitehall, which will only be a short distance from where we were previously.

I've scouted out locations up in Whitehall Creek which will be protected from wind and waves, but there are several great areas we could use in the event of wind, so if we need to re-locate, I'll announce it here!

The occasion will be casual, so bring your grill, your cooler, your water toys, and your family... and enjoy a laid-back day floating on a Chesapeake Bay tributary with our old and new ClassicParker friends! :D

Looking forward to you joining us Deb! I'm sure that Jake will have some boat dog friends in attendance to keep him busy and happy all day!
I think I can guarantee he will be worn out before the day is over! :D

Kevin - I am looking forward to the event. This year I will be coming from Atlantic City via water, and will make a weekend out of it.

brad

The family and I will be on vacation again this year. We will be at Cherrystone Camp Ground; fishing and crabbing. I guess I will only have pictures again. Have a great time.

Anthony

Kevin - I spoke w/John Deering the other day. He said he's planning on attending again this year. Not sure if I'm coming yet. My MSSA Chapter is having a kids fishing derby that day and I may be volunteering.

Looking forward to the event. I reserved a room at the Marriott along with a boat slip. Keep your fingers crossed for calm seas!

Kevin:
After seeing your post about your June 30th trip have you ever gone North to Turkey Point. I was contemplating a launch there and taking the trip to Whitehall. Have you ever done it? I am guessing it is about 25 miles? I know I could launch at a closer point but I was looking for a small trip and this seems like a good one.

Parkerman":2nr80lpl said:
After seeing your post about your June 30th trip have you ever gone North to Turkey Point.

I haven't yet, but I have another sister in Charlestown, so I may have to go that way soon. :)

I don't know of any launch ramps at Turkey Point, but I believe there is one there at the state park.
MD DNR has a list of public ramps here: http://mddnr.chesapeakebay.net/fish/state2.html

If you do launch in the North East River, watch your charts and the ATON's carefully as the water around the Susquehanna flats can get very skinny. Also note the restricted waters off of Aberdeen Proving Ground. If testing is going on, you will see the 42' white and orange Evans patrol boats out there keeping boaters out of harms way.

Sounds like it could be a fun trip! 8)

OK so we have decided to try to make a week end out of this. We were going to stay at a friend's house overnight on Saturday night- he lives right at the mouth of the little Magothy. I found out yesterday they are not around that week end. Is it crazy to think I could find a place to stay overnight in this area? A hotel with slips near by? Reasonable rates? I know Annapolis sports some fine B&Bs and hotels but I assume they would be pretty expensive to house a family of 5. Sleeping on the boat with five would be difficult too. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Wayne

Parker":2waz7vv5 said:
Kevin - I am looking forward to the event. This year I will be coming from Atlantic City via water, and will make a weekend out of it.

brad

How long of a ride is that? Miles? Total time roughly? Too bad I'll be in the OBX then, I'd take the trip with mine and boat convoy. I'm less than 1 hour north of AC.

I made the run from Cape May to Annapolis on a FAC day in a 49 Eastbay and it took us about 5 hours at 20 to 24 kts burning about 55 gph. It was a great run!
Of course, wx and tides could change that some...

I would bet that Brad has already figured the distance and estimated running time based on his cruising speed, so he might be able to give you a better idea of what he expects from his boat.

Back