CT/NY Rendezvous

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LIsound

Reaction score
figured I'd start a new thread for this.

I know that we won't be able to accomodate everyone on the date but what about August 8.
Meet up will be in Northport Harbor. I figure it's about the halfway point for a lot of folks in both CT and NY. Our other option would be port Jeff or Bridgport/Stratford area. but there's not a lot of space to raft up in either of those ports.

Northport is a easy to get to and a large calm/sheltered bay.

Let me know everyone's thoughts on the idea.

Thanks
Scott

Northport would work for me and Saturday is better than a Sunday as far as I'm concerned. I'm flexible on the exact weekend. The toughest part is trying to find spot that won't require the majority of interested people travel too far. We should ask here who's interested and where their home port is and try to find a middleground and a date that will work. No matter where we decide on it will not be convienent for everyone.

I like the Sand Pit at Port Jeff idea from the other thread.
AKA Mount misery cove.

Now date??

End of July???

JulyGunk-lg.jpg

DSCF1229.jpg

I brought the pit up before since it's centrally located for most of us and it's sheltered. There's alot of room back there and you can get off the boats and walk the beach, cookout, fish or hike up the dunes. You know, give us something to do. Getting off the boats, especially ater a long ride for some, and having something to do would be a good icebreaker since we don't know one another yet. Somebody could bring a grill, I might have a chance to dig some clams in Westport before. I've got a tri-pod propane cooker I can steam, fry or boil with. I haven't been there in a few years and I'd want to check and make sure all these activities are still permitted now. Make sure they didn't make it a bird sanctuary or something like is happening alot of places. I'll look into it unless you already know. We'd need a second date in case the weather was foul.

Go for it Stonebuster, let us know what you find. I haven't been down to the pit in years either, but have been meaning to get down there for sometime.

I just hope having it that far down the sound won't deter people from Eastern CT and RI.
But the best thing to do now is pick a date as it seems we have a location.

Who is going to stay the night?
I will and will probably bring a flotilla of non Parker friends.

sounds good to me. I would suggest Aug. 8th or the 15th as a date. August 1st is the swim across the sound, which leaves from PJ. That will be a crazy day in the harbor.

Let's find out who can make it.

I'll be there with my wife. 23 CC

Hey, I've been checking around and it sounds like there isn't a problem with using the beach and grilling ect. From what I've been told there were people camping in tents over the Fourth of July. Let's make of list of who's in and when is the best date. How many boats would it take to make it worthwhile for you guys? It hasn't happened yet in our area, so we could start small this year if nessessary, take some pics, and get some folks interested in next year. Got to start somewhere.

I am located in Smithtown i do a lot of rafting up i no of a bunch of good places you guys wanna do it on a beach or just raft up everyone and grill on the boats?

Totally Hooked":hel92o8d said:
I am located in Smithtown i do a lot of rafting up i no of a bunch of good places you guys wanna do it on a beach or just raft up everyone and grill on the boats?
capt scotty hows things

We need to start a list to see who is interested, when and where we want to do it. I'll get the ball rolling...

1. Stonebuster...I like the Port Jeff pit location but I'm flexible on the location. I can do August through early Sept. I like Saturday but will do Sunday.

stonebuster":lu9pdctb said:
We need to start a list to see who is interested, when and where we want to do it. I'll get the ball rolling...

1. Stonebuster...I like the Port Jeff pit location but I'm flexible on the location. I can do August through early Sept. I like Saturday but will do Sunday.

That's the way to do it! :)

Back