Virginia Beach Raft Up

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ABRIG005

Reaction score
Any boats want to get together and raft up in the Chesapeake Bay or Broad Bay Inlet? Let me know 7576159026...Anthony boat name Knot Right....
2120 SC

Set a date. It would be fun! I can't make the Annapolis event but I might be able to pull along-side you guys at the Beach. I would think the lower bay would make a great location. Got to be more Parkers down south than in Yankee country!

Willoughby Bay is a great anchorage with good fishing close by. Ramp is usually not too crowded and the boat traffic is nil towards the back part. There's a 7-11 walking distance from the ramp, too.

Another spot close-by would be the area between the HRBT and Ft. Monroe, just off the marina there. Or there has got to be some really good spots up in Lynnhaven/ Back Bay somewhere - just not as familiar with that area.

Be careful not to choose a spot with a lot of boat traffic. Swinging on anchor turns into a nightmare with incessant wakes roughing you up. Our boats would bang each other to death.

There are a couple of nice creeks with nice cover in the York/Poquoson River area. I like Chisman's Creek and Back Creek (NOT Back River). Goodwin's Island has a great sandbar that is fantastic for wading, clamming and floundering, and is located next to Back Creek (which has a ramp, although shallow). Back River (near Langley) has a good ramp at Messick Pt., but it used to be really shallow there too.

I'm open to all possibilities... When is the biggest variable for me.

Did this Hampton Rhodes Raft Up ever take place?

Is there any interest in organizing another?

Troy

New 2120 owner. Would love to get together.
Richmond based- but willing to make the trip down the James to raft up!

Back