Parker Rendezvous in the Bahamas???

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BradV

Reaction score
I always hear about different boat companies running over to the islands as a group. I have spoken with some people on here that have interest in going over. I will talk to SeaGate Marine the local Parker Dealer in Stuart and see what he thinks. Maybe some of you guys up North would be interested in driving down to make the crossing if its planned far enough in advance.

It would have to be next year maybe may or june. I know theres a guy in west palm and stuart with parkers that run over anyways. So maybe we could get some of you from up north to come down for it.

Count us in! We are on the gulf coast, but have traveled to Bahamas many times on previously owned boats. Our preference would be to cross from Angelfish Creek to Bimini. We definitely want to be kept in the loop as plans develop.

I'm in Virginia. Can I trailer down and join the party? I have a 1990 Parker 2520 with twin 225s and 126gal fuel will that make it?

I'd be interested in going if I have my boat up and running by then, and I'd be happy to help you transport a few of your crewmembers if you don't have the room - you have a nice crew!!!

I think we need to plan this for June. It would be alot of fun to take this to the Abacos there are houses there or some resorts we could all stay at. Problem is it is quite a run. As long as you have the capacity to cross 100 miles you sould be fine. We could also do Bimini, West End or Lucaya.

It's only 55 miles from Lauderdale to Bimini. I've been there and back in the same day.
BiminiTrack.jpg

nkygun3.jpg

There are accomodations at Bimini Sands, including a very nice marina, but the rooms are expensive.

http://www.biminisands.com/

No matter where the destination, we'd just plan to stay aboard at anchor.

Approach to Bimini Sands Marina
BS-in.jpg

We spent a season in the Bahamas when we lived on the sailboat. There's plenty to do even if you don't fish...but it IS open water and prudence is required when making passages, which means a fixed schedule often isn't possible.

We made the trip 4 times in the sailboat. Folks used to warn us, "The weather could get nasty and you won't be able to get back."

We'd reply, "Our luck has never been that good!"

T2-1.jpg

man those are some old pictures. Weve been to the Bimini a few times and stay at the sands. There are a few other places there that arent as expensive. If you go to the Abacos or West End you can leave from further north like Palm Beach if people from up north want to come down.

Attachments

• Window View.jpg
    Window View.jpg
    155.1 KB · Views: 1,985
  • Profile Tower.jpg
    Profile Tower.jpg
    177 KB · Views: 1,989
  • DSC01155.JPG
    DSC01155.JPG
    95.7 KB · Views: 1,988
drunks, dirty, expensive, drugs, difficult to get a meal. i've stayed at the Sands a few times....... a lot of stray electricity in the basin. damn near eat a zinc off in 5 days, and turned my SS prop white. i find the Keys to be a far better value and alternative to Bimini.

If the Abacos, Eleuthera etc are on the radar screen then i am go.

FWIW if anyone wants to do Islamorada then i am a go. i own a water front (Atlantic) townhouse (i am there now) and can take up to 8 people if they don't mind roughing it on a cot or sleeping bag. no cost.

Founders Park is a beautiful Municipal Marina that is across the street bayside. it has every amenity one could imagine, including ample protected trailer storage, beach, bathhouse, olympic size pool, Internet etc. No theft there as there is a Sheriffs Office at the entrance.

Tons to do water wise. the famous Whale Harbor sandbar, lots of wrecks and reefs to fish.

just throwing some ideas out there. Brad........don't want to steal your thunder. the Bahamas are cool......just don't like that ONE. 8)

No worries im up for ideas. I like the Bahamas because i can be there faster than i can trailer my boat to the keys.

About Bimini we usually stay on S Bimini and bring all our own food so I havent had to deal with finding food or anything. You will get the Miami crowd over on busy weekends in the summer. I think for this group the Abacos would be the best place. As long as you can run 70 miles to west end then another 110 or so onto Green Turtle or Guana then youll be fine. We ran straight to Green turtle 5 hours 180 miles. Maybe stay in Treasure since there is a lot of places and docks. Grabbers has docks and Apts now. Or there are several houses on Guana and Green Turtle with docks that you can rent for the week. Great place to take the family and you can fly the women over if they arent up for the long run

BradV":2f3hoy0i said:
....... Abacos would be the best place. As long as you can run 70 miles to west end then another 110 or so onto Green Turtle or Guana then youll be fine. We ran straight to Green turtle 5 hours 180 miles. ...............

now that sounds adventurous!

Aircoastie":2ujeka35 said:
I'm moving to Ft. Lauderdale in about 6 weeks and would be up for a summer trip!!

Congratulations!
Sounds like a good posting. :wink:

Back