Kicker for 2320 - HP?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Freedomroc

Reaction score
Looking to purchase a Yamaha kicker for my 2008 - "2320". It would be mounted to the off shore bracket next to a 200HP Yamaha. Using the boat mostly in SF bay and out the Golden Gate but also off shore in San Diego at times. What HP would you suggest? Would be using it as a precaution to get back to the dock in cause the main motor had a problem.

Freedomroc":on1i8iyz said:
Looking to purchase a Yamaha kicker for my 2008 - "2320". It would be mounted to the off shore bracket next to a 200HP Yamaha. Using the boat mostly in SF bay and out the Golden Gate but also off shore in San Diego at times. What HP would you suggest? Would be using it as a precaution to get back to the dock in cause the main motor had a problem.
A Yamaha 9.9 4 stroke would work.

B2

Thanks Brent. I wasn't sure if the 9.9 would push the boat in a strong current and 4/5ft swell. Was thinking may need 20hp but don't need to be overkill. Just want to be safe!

Freedomroc":2syojj2l said:
Thanks Brent. I wasn't sure if the 9.9 would push the boat in a strong current and 4/5ft swell. Was thinking may need 20hp but don't need to be overkill. Just want to be safe!
It is a get home motor and will be slow. T off existing fuel line or Racor fuel filter head, and use a hand tiller or tie it existing steering.

B2

I fish out of tomales and San Francisco quite a bit I run a 15 h.o. Etec kicker it pushes my 2530 7.5mph on full throttle.
4f373a3d5acae243fdf69c8d430b751c.jpg

Kid, what size shaft are you using with that bracket? Think of getting a 15hp kicker for my 2520XL.

Back