WOT- Testing Prop - 2320 with F300

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
shawnee83":2gtnrwgl said:
I think you should demand that Yamaha either fix it without question immediately or they need to replace the motor with a new one. Unfortunately, you are going to need to play hardball. That’s what I would do. JMO.

Yamaha Corporate advised to run it for another 100 hrs and do not do any oil changes for 100 hrs and to evacuate oil every time it goes over top dot, but they were very specific about not doing another oil change for 100 hrs. I expressed concern and they said it would be fine.... that there engines are designed to run with up to 10% fuel dilution. I don’t think there’s much I can do at this point other than wait and see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Following along.
Brad, are you going to Fred Hall?

I also have a brand new version of the same 300 Brad has, ran it mixed the first 20 hours. Hit WOT a few times for short periods. Now at 188 hours since June

do you guys usually run the F300 trimmed all the way down for max rpm & speed or make slight adjustments to reach the max rpm? I was only able to reach 5400rpm going 40mph with motor trimmed down and 3 blade 17P with permatrim. I had 4 ppl, full tank, tuna tower, and 65gal bait tank during the test. i also saw 1.9-2.0mpg during cruise.

parker492":negkk9wh said:
do you guys usually run the F300 trimmed all the way down for max rpm & speed or make slight adjustments to reach the max rpm? I was only able to reach 5400rpm going 40mph with motor trimmed down and 3 blade 17P with permatrim. I had 4 ppl, full tank, tuna tower, and 65gal bait tank during the test. i also saw 1.9-2.0mpg during cruise.

I would suggest you start trimming up as you increase speed and rpms, in my case (2320/300hp) it makes a noticeable difference, I usually find 3 or 4 bars are a good spot for me to cruise at 4k rpm, I get about 2-3mph better when I'm trimmed right. I have the same prop, but no peratrim. When I'm running similar to how you are I get about 2.0-2.2. A couple of things that I've found, move as much weight forward as you can during the trip out. I put my kill bag up against the tank until we get out on location, then move it to the swimstep. I have a 4blade 15 prop that will be installed next week to see if that will help push my backend up more. I also found if I run the bait tank 1/2 full (also a 65) and keep about 80 gallons my mileage jumps to 2.4 or better.

parker492":ks341a8c said:

I always trim up a little when underway, but if you are asking about determining your max RPM, you do this by trimming out. Keep trimming out until you stop gaining speed or blow out and then trim back down until the prop bites again. I have the same setup as you and my original photos above are full fuel, full 65 galllon bait tank and tower with 2 people on board. I usually hit 5200 trimmed all the way in and 5700-5800 trimmed out 6-7 bars on the trim meter. I have not tried trimming higher. It just felt like it would blow out if I went higher. I think since we have the exact same setup and prop, you will see similar rpms / speed. I actually tried an expensive experiment and put a 16 pitch SWS instead of my 17 pitch SWS and was not very happy with the results. I hit 6000 rpm easy trimmed out 1/2 way on the meter and was hitting 5500 trimmed all the way in. The boat just felt so much different. I felt like it was spinning up so much, but without that same acceleration. I was surprised how much more rpm I was getting. Felt ans sounded like too much RPM. Surprisingly my hole shot felt worse and just felt like it the boat didn’t get up and go as well. Part of this dislike might just be that I have become accustom to the way the 17 pitch handles. Hope this helps. I will be going back to the 17 pitch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

awesome response guys thanks! ill try to trim up a bit next time im out. i also have a 2320 with a 300, but i dont have the same yamaha gauge as bmoore in the pic above... so i wont have an exact measurement.

djam, let me know how the 4 blade works out for you. the permatrim really helped out my boat. boat is easy to plane at low speeds and the ride is much better overall. ive read the 4 blade and permatrim is the best setup for heavy loads.

parker492":2yef3d2v said:
awesome response guys thanks! ill try to trim up a bit next time im out. i also have a 2320 with a 300, but i dont have the same yamaha gauge as bmoore in the pic above... so i wont have an exact measurement.

djam, let me know how the 4 blade works out for you. the permatrim really helped out my boat. boat is easy to plane at low speeds and the ride is much better overall. ive read the 4 blade and permatrim is the best setup for heavy loads.

Where are you located Parker492?

djam":2vgwo9yw said:
parker492":2vgwo9yw said:

Where are you located Parker492?

im located in san diego

I'm based out of Dana Point and I know 4 other Parker owners in the local area, we should do a group meet up one of these days.

Dave

Back