2013 df115 suzuki maintenance

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

camron

Reaction score
So I pulled the boat here on Friday afternoon and proceeded to do a service on the engine. I get all of the parts from the local Suzuki dealer. I purchased the 5 button zincs. 1 that goes on the trim pump 2 in the head and 2 in the water jacket along with new gaskets 1 lower unit zinc, oil filter crush washer, and the two O rings for the lower unit drain plugs total cost of $65 (cheap compared to what I had to spend with the Yamaha). This is my second season with this engine. These anodes on the inside of the head and water jacket needed to be changed the lower ones on both the head and the water jacket were corroded more than the upper ones. The zinc on the lower unit wasn't in bad shape almost new looking but I changed it anyway. Dropped the lower unit to get a coating of grease on the bolts for the impeller housing as well and the lower unit bolts drive and shift shafts all of these came apart fairly easy as it is only 2 years old but figured I would do it before they seized together. Impeller looked new so that can go another year. I am still impressed by the amount of oil and gear lube this guy takes 6 quarts oil and over a quart of gear oil.

I am right around that 200 hour mark and this motor has been great and would purchase another one without hesitation.

My recommendation to all is to check your zincs they ones I couldn't see were in much worse shape than the visible ones.

Camron

camron":3p0opty7 said:
So I pulled the boat here on Friday afternoon and proceeded to do a service on the engine. I get all of the parts from the local Suzuki dealer. I purchased the 5 button zincs. 1 that goes on the trim pump 2 in the head and 2 in the water jacket along with new gaskets 1 lower unit zinc, oil filter crush washer, and the two O rings for the lower unit drain plugs total cost of $65 (cheap compared to what I had to spend with the Yamaha). This is my second season with this engine. These anodes on the inside of the head and water jacket needed to be changed the lower ones on both the head and the water jacket were corroded more than the upper ones. The zinc on the lower unit wasn't in bad shape almost new looking but I changed it anyway. Dropped the lower unit to get a coating of grease on the bolts for the impeller housing as well and the lower unit bolts drive and shift shafts all of these came apart fairly easy as it is only 2 years old but figured I would do it before they seized together. Impeller looked new so that can go another year. I am still impressed by the amount of oil and gear lube this guy takes 6 quarts oil and over a quart of gear oil.

I am right around that 200 hour mark and this motor has been great and would purchase another one without hesitation.

My recommendation to all is to check your zincs they ones I couldn't see were in much worse shape than the visible ones.

Camron
Hi. I am new to Suzuki. I hit the 100 hour mark. I pulled boat and did the 100 hour service plus I changed the water pump also. There is a tube that goes over the pump housing that just sits over the tube. It's doesn't seem to do anything. Looks like a spacer? Did you see anything like that when you did yours? Now that I read what you did with the motor head zinc, I'm going to check my motor.

I dont really remember that but i also have a different hp engine so it could be set up a little different.

Back