05 2310 with Permatrim

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bajabuzz

Reaction score
I recently purchased a 2005 2310 with Anderson bracket and Yamaha F250 in San Diego. During the sea trial I noticed that the boat was slow to plane out, would not stay on plane below 18 knots, had a bit of bow rise during acceleration to plane and the tabs appearded to be too small for this boat.
Well after reading lots of info on this sight before purchase and having owned many boats the last 30+ years I felt comfortable that adding larger tabs and a Permatrim the boat would be much better handling and have better low speed abilities and maybe get better fuel milage.

Well I have to say that the only mod I did before taking my new boat out was to add the Permatrim. I have to say that I am quite impresed with the upgrade. At this point I dont see the need to add bigger tabs. The boat jumps onto plane now with no bow rise, planes down to 12.5 knots, clearly seems to be running more effiently but no hard data for that assumption. I now dont use any tabs except to trim side to side balance. Picked up 2 knots on the top end at 5800 rpm to 33.5 knots.
I have now had 2 full days on the water out of Morro Bay Ca. First day was very calm with a small long period swell h
just likemy sea trial, second day was breezy with 10-15 knots of NW wind with 4-6' long period swell. Both trips were with 2 people, 50% fuel, stock 17p 3 blade yamaha prop and motor in lowest position.
The results from just the Permatrim upgrade are nothing short of amazing. Cant wait to try other mods like moving engine up and 4 blade prop.

A big Thank You to you guys for your wisdom and sharing. I now own a boat that I am very happy with and quite impressed with its abilities.

Congratulations on your new boat and on the upgrade. I had similar results with mine. I just had my first water test with the new 12x18 tabs last weekend and was able to realize a little more improvement on the slow speed plane, around 13.5 to 14.5 for me. I will have to say that the Permatrim had a greater impact if I had to compare both upgrades. No regrets on the tabs though, but I can understand your current decesion not to add larger tabs at this time. I've frequently been a big fan of the Permatrim on CP. Happy for you that it worked out so well. :D

Yep, I always recommend the Perma first over the larger tabs as the Perma has the greatest effect for lift at the transom. It is also a cheaper and easier option. The 18w tabs help too but have a lesser effect if you decide to choose one mod over the other.

grouperjim":1f8l65ei said:
Yep, I always recommend the Perma first over the larger tabs as the Perma has the greatest effect for lift at the transom. It is also a cheaper and easier option. The 18w tabs help too but have a lesser effect if you decide to choose one mod over the other.

I listened to Grouperjim and put the permatrim on my 2320. While I was convincing my 'old school' mechanic it was 'what i wanted'. He thought I was on drugs as we were drilling the lower unit with 12 holes on a perfectly good F250. Best decision I ever made with the boat , besides buying it.

Regarding the super low planing speed, I wish mine planed that slow. It is around 20 for me.

This forum rules.

I havent run my boat with a heavy load yet. Still only had 1/2 fuel, empty bait tank and two 200 lb people With minimal fishing gear.
But I am not having to use any tabs at this point and I find that amazing since I was forced to run full stock tabs before the Permatrim.
Anyone have a reccomendation for a fuel flow meter? I had used the Navman units in the past with good results but it looks like tgey are no longer around.

Back