6K capacity trailer for Parker 2320?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

garrett619

Reaction score
I did some searches and it looks like the community is divided on the recommended trailer size for a Parker 2320. Would you pull a Parker 2320 with an F250 2600 miles with a 6000lb trailer (Magic Tilt TALS 2460)? Assume half tank fuel, pulpit, anchor and the usual misc equipment like safety gear, electronics etc. I can have an Ace trailer @ 7000 built for about $700 more but then I'm dealing with two salesman rather than one and I'm a remote buyer so the appeal of one point of contact is enticing.

That's kind of what I figured, it just complicates things quite a bit (not to mention making things slightly more expensive).

Another case of someone buying price point at one time..... The typical of that is dealer selling a package with not enough trailer and not enough motor.

I just weighed my 2320 with trailer 250 -4 stroke - with gear-1/2 tank of gas 6700 lb. you should have a 7500 trailer. I just towed it 400 miles in 90 deg with a Honda pilot that has 190,000 miles. It's hard to have the trailer and truck to match. Not hard just cost money!!!

Marty D":3q5hk80q said:
I just weighed my 2320 with trailer 250 -4 stroke - with gear-1/2 tank of gas 6700 lb. you should have a 7500 trailer. I just towed it 400 miles in 90 deg with a Honda pilot that has 190,000 miles. It's hard to have the trailer and truck to match. Not hard just cost money!!!

Thanks. I ended up going with 5K axles. The trailer can handle a boat from about 23' to 26' and about 9000lbs. To be honest it's too big for the 2320, but it was a combo of price and it needing to cover nearly 3000 miles on its maiden journey that made me go with the larger trailer. Boat and trailer made it cross country no problem accept for a lot of bugs and some grease coming out of the hubs/bearings as it came across the deserts in TX, NM and AZ last week.

garrett619":1tzemu6s said:
Marty D":1tzemu6s said:

Thanks. I ended up going with 5K axles. The trailer can handle a boat from about 23' to 26' and about 9000lbs. To be honest it's too big for the 2320, but it was a combo of price and it needing to cover nearly 3000 miles on its maiden journey that made me go with the larger trailer. Boat and trailer made it cross country no problem accept for a lot of bugs and some grease coming out of the hubs/bearings as it came across the deserts in TX, NM and AZ last week.
Nice job!!! I took my grease gun with me. Yes, in the heat towing all those miles, the grease gets so thin it comes out. It's a lot of work towing that many miles. I smelled brakes the hole trip. Lol.

Back