2300 DVCC Trim Tab Installation

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

topwater26

Reaction score
I recently installed 12X18 Tabs, Lenco Edge mount to replace 12x12 factory installed. As other have stated on this subject it really made a huge improvement on the performance of the boat. The boat is much more stable in all sea conditions. It takes much less tab movement to effect the hulls position. In a head sea I can really hold the bow down and it rides much smoother, running down it feels like there is 500 lbs on the bow and it holds the sharp entry where you want it. It seems like more lift and less drag. Less bouncing and twisting so to speak.

A few things to note.
The factory used #14 1 1/4 wood screws, which are preferred but not so common, source these early on. Most hardware places carry only machine screws.

Check the holes in the tab first, I had 4-5 holes that were slightly smaller and caused the screws to bind badly during installation.

Counter sink all the new holes, this will help keep the gel coat from chipping.

It may take up to a month to get these tabs. They cost me around $150.00 each.

I did not move the actuators, and I did center the tabs on the actuator, even though the tab goes over the chine they seem to perform real well.

I highly recommend this change, as many others have, feels like a completely different boat, a bigger boat.

Keep in mind if you run with 4 people a lot, the added weight aft may cause you to want even bigger tabs, with just 2-3 people these 12X18 tabs are perfect.

Congratulations on your project. I have liked mine as well. If you haven't already done so, you may want to also consider a Permatrim? I think it made at least as much difference as the tabs did. Of course, if all is well enough that is good too. Enjoy the new ride.

Would love to see some photos as I am looking to put Trim Tabs on my 1991 2310 WA

With the extra weight of my boat is the 12x18 big enough?

IMG_0518.JPG.jpg

You should search author, posts by Robert Cibran, he did this same tab mod on his 23 dvcc, has pics, and comments.

I am not sure what size tabs you may need, it may be a function of how much weight you have forward, your boat has more weight forward than the 23 CC does. If you go with larger than 12X18, and as with any tabs, be careful going in a following sea, too much tab can cause your bow to grab and cause poor control and can be dangerous.

Attachments

• back%20of%20boat.jpg
    back%20of%20boat.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 171
topwater26,

NICE !!! I think I mentioned this before, completely different boat, now she will plow/slice right thru chop when you put the Bow down.

Robert

Back