2520 prop issues

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slacka

Reaction score
I have a 1990 New to me 2520 it came with a very low hour 1989 mercury mariner200hp that runs great only issue is at wot it runs at 5100 rpm doing 25 mph max speed. If I try to back off some to cruise it doesn't stay on plane. I'm gonna repower next year but this has gotta do for now. Does anyone know what the max rpm for motor is. I do have trim tabs to help out with plane but don't feel I should have to use them to keep on plane. Any help or insight would be appreciated.

You need about 400 more RPM....1in of pitch less will give you 200 more RPM. So 2in less of Pitch....

That boat will come alive with a DF-300 Suzuki and a 3 X 16 X 17 Suzzy prop

I was talking with Ken at propgods and he's thinking I'm running down one cylinder... He says maybe bad plug or coil. He says it will run fine and not pop code but have less power . I'm running a 15 pitch prop . He suggested a 14 pitch.... Any one else have issues with coil going bad ? Thanks

That boat will come alive with a DF-300 Suzuki and a 3 X 16 X 17 Suzzy prop[/quote]

Haha ideally something along those lines is what I'm thinking :mrgreen: ... But for now this will have to do... :cry:

Your going to need to have a mechanic check your motor thoroughly to see if it is running up to par.

But it was assumed that the motor already was. :)

Put doel fins on the antiventilation plate and ensure the engine is running on all cylinders. For the $30 the Doel fins will help.

Back