Test for CDI and\or remote cable 2001 Yamaha 250SXTURZ

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tireddiver

Reaction score
I have also posted this on the HULLTRUTH
I have seen several posts that have similar problem but not a resolution that has worked for me.
I will recheck but believe all my connections from Batteries and switch to be good.
I have power at the voltage regulator and the trim switch on motor works.

My first indication of a problem was turn the ignition and there was nothing and I noticed the gauges flickering and manged to see low voltage on Battery...when I check both Batteries fully charged. Now I get nothing at all to the gauges or the ignition

I am at a point where I believe the issue may be with the CDI or the remote cable.

I tried using a volt meter to see if there was any current on the pins that are on the CDI side of the Control cable and there was nothing passing through the CDI to the remote. But I have no idea if that is any proof of anything. I would assume that if I used my meter to go off the red labeled pin, I would at least see some voltage on the cable from the CDI but there is nothing and I am not certain I have proved anything.

It would seem to me that because I am able to use the trim switch on the motor and that there is power to the starter that it is not a grounding issue.
Is there a simple way to test if the CDI is the issue or the remote cable?
I have tested the ignition switch and all the fuses and all are working according to my tests.
I even have a brand new Ignition switch which I threw on just in case and have the same problem. Every piece of electronics works, pumps, lights etc., the only components that have no power are those that get power from the remote cable\CDI. Gauges ignition and trim switch.

Any help would be appreciated...

Back