Info on 150 hpdi

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

walkersoccer

Reaction score
Bout a 2120 from east coast. Came to SoCal with 50 gallons of gas so first trip used existing gas.

..it's a 2003 150 single motor on a parker 2120. First trip after getting it was cruising at 4200-4400. Because of the conditions I didn't go wot on that trip..I wish I did so I would have a reference..ran great though.

2nd trip first time added new gas with startron and ring free. idled a lot in the harbor getting stuff ready and making bait. Temp alarm went off. Turned it off then back on,felt the water stream and it was cold..alarm never came back on..cruised out at about 4200 rpm..trolled a lot and headed in. On the way in first time went wot and wouldn't go above 4200,actually dropped to 4000.

Replaced water/fuel filter , vst,plugs and impeller. Vst had a film on it and a few small debris but not to bad..

Went out yesterday and same issues with wot only going 4200 on the way out then 4000 dropping to 3900 on the way in. We trolled a lot and at one point temp alarm went off. Stream looked good and water was cold to the touch. Turned it off and restarted and never came on again..

Any ideas? Motor idles great and starts first bump. No issues at all until trying to go over 4100 rpm..being that it bogs and drops 100 or so rpm's I don't think it's a prop issue..

Also, there was a coupler on a oil line that was leaking a bit on the first trip. I replaced it but I think the inside diameter of the coupler is smaller than the hose itself..is this line pressurized at wot and could that be an issue? Just trying to rule it out

Any advice would be appreciated

I would get you injectors cleaned and look for a mystery filter thread and change those. You may need to run a different prop also. How did the trials go before you bought it? If you have changed the medium pressure filter, change the too.

Back