Battery wires

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alabamaspot

Reaction score
Guys....i really hate to sound so stupid but i cant figure out how to reconnect my battery. Someone disconnected it without my knowledge and just left it sitting there with loose wires. Of course i know what to do with the big red wire and the big black one but im at a loss what to do with the others.

There are there other wires.

1. Small Brown color with tag that says "batt", i think this is the bilge and should go to hot terminal?

2. A medium size black wire with a green wire connected to it.

3. Stand alone medium size black wire, (same size as the one with green wire connected)

I tried a couple variations but could never get the accessories to operate. But motor cranked just fine.

Help.

Scott

Wow u can't trace those back to the accessories one black ones brown on the bilge. The green wire sound like a ground possible for your fuel tanks or what not. Picture maybe? Want to help

Well, when i look in the console where the wires come up i dont see a green wire that looks even similar.

I just hope i didnt screw something up trying to connect it.

I read somewhere that sometimes black is hot so when i saw the green wire i tried sticking it on the hot post to see if the access would work but nothing......

Now im thinking you may be right and the green could be a ground. Then all three black wires would go to the neg post and only the red and brown would connect to positive post........

That worked...thanks. I didnt know green was an option for ground.

So confusing.

1. Small Brown color with tag that says "batt", i think this is the bilge and should go to hot terminal?

Yes....Power for bilge pump.... It goes to the POS terminal.

2. A medium size black wire with a green wire connected to it.

Betting that is a 10ga wire? It will go to the NEG. Green is for bonding thruhulls and hooks to NEG.

3. Stand alone medium size black wire, (same size as the one with green wire connected)

Probably the NEG for bilge pump or the other assc. Horn, wipers, lights

I tried a couple variations but could never get the accessories to operate. But motor cranked just fine.

Your missing a Power wire for the Accs. This would feed the fuse panel.

You didn't say anything about a battery switch.... It could be there? But wires that need to be hooked up tend to disappear on boats down in Black Holes. Pull the battery to get a better view....Look around in there. Hell the battery could be sitting on it.

Back