1801 Kicker motor experience

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fishaddict

Reaction score
Hi everyone
I want to ask our community about any thoughts on using kicker 5-9hp on starboard side of 1801. I plan to do lots of trolling and want to save main motor and have plan B in case it fails.
My main concern is weight at the stern of 80-110lbs and having the boat ride off tilt (no trim tabs). Please give me your thoughts/personal experience. Thank you in advance.
Mike

Personally, I would not hang that much extra weight on the transom of an 18.

As for the main motor, what is it, and what are you 'saving' it for (or from)?
Motors are made to be used, even on the troll.

I like a trolling motor for one but like mega byte says hard to balance the counter weight unless u want to install sand bags on a 18. I think the troll motor is essential for reducing the hours on the main engine, fuel economy, speed control, and safety. Better then oaring. I don't have tow boats out here just coast guard. That's why I have mine.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1445653211.147343.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1445653211.147343.jpg
    212.7 KB · Views: 155
Trolling is much harder on the motor then running it due to excessive carbon deposits( low temperature). I troll Lake Ontario and do not want to lose power in early spring/ late fall because there are not a lot of boaters around. As much as I hate the idea, I might have to resort to 2 stroke technology for its light weight.

I have a 2310 I have 2 27 batteries on my port so I mounted my 9.9 on starbord it balanced very well

Back