Parker 2320 w/F225 4s

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WAJSKI

Reaction score
I have a 2011 2320 f225 4s 17t painted prop from the factory. I am looking at a REV4 but my Yamaha dealer says Tempest, says Rev4 is not a good prop for my Parker? I am also going to install a Perma trim before I do any other up grades, I have stock 12"x12" tabs.I have read Dales post and was wondering if Perma tris is the place to start? I can oly get 5400-5500 wot motor is as high as it will go, should I also drop down to a 15 pitch? 1 more ? will I need the Merc hub kit. I am just getting things thought out for SPRING :wink:
thanks Walt

Based on my personal experience, I'd start with a new prop and install the Permatrim if nothing else works. The thing to remember about the Permatrim is that its permanently installed (you drill holes in your lower unit). It did help me with low speed planing, but it introduced some other issues like lower top end speed and a slight drop in fuel economy, and it was not a complete fix. It also makes trimming the motor while under way MUCH more important, and a lot of people just don't have a "feel" for how to properly trim a boat. If you ever have other people drive your boat, it is something to consider.

I'm actually planning to remove my Permatrim later this month while I'm testing new props, and hopefully will have some actual empirical data about performance, since everything available is pretty much anecdotal.

I'm planning to test a 4-blade prop based on my prop guy's advice - both with and without the permatrim.

I've liked what the Permatrim did for mine. All related to quicker/leveler plane and at slower speed along with correcting some porpoising. As far as increasing your top end RPM's? I wouldn't expect much if any improvement with that from a Perma. Depending on my load, sometimes my WOT is as low as 5600 and when all is perfect I can just get to 6K. That's with a lite load and just me or maybe one other person. You have the fresh water factor as well not helping. Not sure if our motors are the same as I can't remember when the new 4.2 came out but mine is the 3.3L with the same 17T Black Steel prop. My boat is I think 800lbs lighter? Your WOT RPM's are still in the acceptable range although the lower end of it. The 2320 is a lot of boat for a 225. JMO. Can't hurt to mess around with the prop. Call Ken at Prop Gods and check out this link to mess around with inputting your performance numbers and see what it recommends. Good luck!
https://www.mercurymarine.com/en/us/pro ... #/step-one

Back