Give me your performance data and I'll give you cool graph!

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SBH2OMan

Reaction score
Ladies & Gentlemen,

We have a LOT of anecdotal data about props, motors, MPG, etc but it is very hard to draw solid conclusions from the anecdotal evidence.

I'm a data hound, and I'd love to really crunch some numbers on our parkers to get some empirical stats that we could compare against to see if our boats are set up within a normal range or if we're out of the range. If we find anomolies, it will be interesting to see how the setup is different (permatrim or not, motor mounted too high/too low, etc)

What I'm proposing to do is to set up a series of scatter plots and graphs that will show typical ranges (by hull type) for MPH, MPG, RPM and prop slip, by hull and motor type.

So if you're interested, here's what you do:

Step One: Go out on the boat with a helper and a typical load on a typical day
Step Two: While running the boat at typical trim and handling, run through the RPM ranges from 2,000 to WOT and shout out your speed and indicated MPG for each 500 rpm step while your helper writes them down. (e.g. 2000, 2500, 3000, 3,500 etc). Go ahead and record more than one value for SOG and RPM for a given RPM step - I'll use some statistical smoothing because they will be variable
Step Three: Type them up on an excel sheet and copy it into the form below, or skip the spreadsheet and type it directly into the form:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1NsefOa ... =send_form

Note that in my example, I didn't include MPG numbers, but if you have them, by all means include them!! The more data you have the better.

2015-12-07_17-53-29.png

Once I've collected some data, I'll provide charts that compare various hull/motor combinations. Or even more interesting, compare boats with the same hull and motor to see how they are different and try to figure out WHY!

I'll report results back on this thread as I get them. I expect it to take quite a long time to gather much data, since you poor east coasters have tucked your boats away for the winter, but us West Coasters are still enjoying 70º days and good fishing, so I expect some numbers, from my west coast mates!

Back