Repower 07 2530

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mark

Reaction score
After going back and forth about a repower from the F150s I pulled the trigger today on a pair of Suzuki inline 200s.
Even though the Yamahas have treated me pretty well with 1300 hours of mostly trouble free service and still run fine I have always thought the boat was a little underpowered. I am hoping the Suks give me the extra torque and acceleration I have been looking for.
I will post numbers once they get installed and I have a chance to run them a bit. : :D :D

Good choice I believe the majority of the repowers decided on Suzuki or etec. Either choice I believe is better then a Yamaha right now with there developement era.

A little more prop in the water never hurt either. Those 150s wear a small prop.

Abandon the 28 upgrade path? A couple fs locally, dont see that very often.

samsims":1eqll8cd said:
A little more prop in the water never hurt either. Those 150s wear a small prop.

Abandon the 28 upgrade path? A couple fs locally, dont see that very often.
Yea you know I guess I have just become attached to my boat. Lots of work on it to get it where it is and something to be said for knowing exactly what you have since I bought it new.
I have saw those 28s. Nice boats. The one on the lot in Auburn (I think) is kinda nice if you got the tower off and patched all the holes.
Hopefully these motors turn out to be the right choice. I am all the way down to 15" on my 150 props to get the RPM right.
Did I see you had yours for sale? Whats next?

The 200's should be perfect, i wouldnt be surprised if you see an improvement in economy. I know a few guys running the 175, all are happy with them.

Sold the 23 last april. Bought a 28 farallon in july. With 90% ocean usage I wanted more boat to not be pushing the edge on capacity.

Awesome boat.
is that the one I saw at the campground there off Forrest? I f so I think I was fishing by you down by the windmills one day. Sweet boat.

Oh Yes.... They have been available for several years now.

The new gauges are the Cat's A$$ so I'm Told. They replace the SMIS gauges and your able to program them yourself for updates to the motor and systems. The SMIS gauges your not.

http://www.internationalmarineservice.c ... 10-kit.htm

That is the Kit if you don't have certain things.... The gauge by itself is about $420

I'll be changing to them at some point.

Brent":mw4uh4b7 said:
Nice. What is the round item on bracket?
It is an aluminum ring I attached to the bracket to hold a bleed barrel inside to bleed our albacore.
It was a pain to tie a barrel back there so this works pretty good.

Hi Matt:
Looking really good on that repower. Noticed they have the motors up one hole on their mounting. Can't wait until you post some #'s on power and economy. I think you have the perfect setup and would probably start with the 3x16x18.5 Suzuki props. No doubt you have given this a lot of thought and since you may be the first Parker with this set-up you don't have a template to draw from. Hopefully the dealer will work with you on this. Everything I have read seems positive on the DF200AP and I hope you got the C10 gauges.

HalibutRustler":16370s6w said:
Hi Matt:
Looking really good on that repower. Noticed they have the motors up one hole on their mounting. Can't wait until you post some #'s on power and economy. I think you have the perfect setup and would probably start with the 3x16x18.5 Suzuki props. No doubt you have given this a lot of thought and since you may be the first Parker with this set-up you don't have a template to draw from. Hopefully the dealer will work with you on this. Everything I have read seems positive on the DF200AP and I hope you got the C10 gauges.
I went with the color digital gauges (not sure if those are the C10 or not) and those are the hold up.
The installer says that they still will not be in for about another week or so. It may have been a delay in ordering them as this is a small local shop and he was pretty busy getting dealing with the local (Seattle) boat show. Not a big deal.
As for the props we have talked about it and he knows how I use my boat so I am leaving it up to him to set it up but he says we may need to change out a couple until we get it how I want it.

I went with the color digital gauges (not sure if those are the C10 or not)

Yes those are the C-10 gauges. Spoke to my dealer in depth about them yesterday.... I have 2 gauges......actually 3 at the lower helm and single motor.
I also have 1 at the upper station.

This is so I don't have to be flipping thru info while I'm running. The 3rd gauge is a SMIS 2in that I leave on motor trim.

The 2016's need a special update for these gauges. It has a different ECM than earlier motors. He also said the SMIS gauges will no longer be made and when current stocks run out....That's It. The C-10 / color square gauges are the standard now.

Just got the boat back this week and have only been able to run it around for a couple of hours.
Boat is pretty light as I have zero gear and such in it but did have 4 heavyweight eaters on board.
Boat pops right up and cruises pretty good at about 28kts getting right at 2MPH.
Thats right about 4000 rpm or so. Havent quite figured the gauges out to find GPH but I am going out tomorrow for a bit.
Right now it has a set of suk 16x20s but I am pretty sure once I get loaded up I am going to wind up with about a 16x18 or so.
Once I get a little better feel I will decide.
Looks good though!

Back