What oil do you etec guys run 50 or 100?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

camron

Reaction score
Purchased my first etec yesterday what oil do you guys run it is a 115 high output.

Figured couldn't go wrong with the 7 year warantee on it.

I believe it does matter, i believe you can run xd50 until you get to 50 or 100 hours. The computer has a setting that needs to be set to xd100 for optimal performance, after you reach that point. Check with your dealer or mechanic for specifics.

I don't have one

On an E-TEC motor the rate of oiling is controlled by instructions in the Engine Management Module and is varied depending on the type of oil used. The first step is to determine what oil your engine has been programmed to use.
If the engine is programmed for XD-100, you must use only XD-100. If the engine is programmed for a lower grade of oil, you can still use XD-100, but you will use more of it than necessary. The appeal of XD-100 is that you will use less oil and have less smoke and other combustion residue

from

http://continuouswave.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/014949.html

After reading the thread and if I had an ETEC, I would program computer for XD100 and only use it.

The only thing u have to take into account is if you are the type of person that always has a spare bottle on hand or buy in bulk. Xd100 is harder to come by then xd50 or tc3 which u can buy anywhere! Contemplate about buying the 16 gallon drum and keep that in your garage. Your get a gallon for $18. They have both xd50 and xd100 in 16 gallon and 55 gallon barrels. You might burn less but spend more to have xd100. The motor doesn't smoke on xd 50.

That might be a better option because my dad is going to be running the boat mainly. I always added extra oil to the fuel in any of my 2 strokes with automatic oiling. Always thought burning more oil would be better than less lol. I like the thought of being able to get a drum of the oil.

Not sure what you saw on Domo. I just looked again, and the 6 gallon package that I typically buy is still offered for about $31.00/gallon

You guys need to search for 16 gallon drums the prices I'm talking about is for xd50 not xd100 which is far more expensive. Xd50=995
Xd100=1519 prices for 55 gallon drum. The only thing that I hope with 100 is that your not burn as much cuz that can get expensive.

Back