Evinrude Etec fuel management question

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ludicrous40

Reaction score
For the guys with E Tecs.....

I have Icommand gauges and the EP85-R memory module for keeping fuel data. Initially this worked great for tracking the amount of fuel in my tank as the data from the Engine Fuel Flow is ridiculously accurate. Problem is that the data in the memory module keeps resetting intermittently when I shut-off or power-on the system. Long story short: I'll have 118 gallons of fuel, then when I power up it will reset to a full tank. It still tracks down fine, but keeps resetting to a full tank intermittently.

I've researched quite a bit (my Etec dealer has been useless) and found that this is a common problem related to the memory module (It's basically a thumb drive). There have been a variety of issues with the fuel data. Sounds like some have fixed by replacing the module, and others were able to do some software upgrades on either the Module or the Icommand gauge.

Just curious if anyone has encountered this, and if they were able to get it corrected.

Back