21SE Trim Tab Actuator Location - Thru Transom - UPDATED

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ParkerSRQ

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Have a 1990 21 SE. About to install 18x12 Bennett Bolt Trim Tabs. I mocked it up yesterday to see where the actuator would mount and see where its going to come thru when I drill the hole for the upper hinge of the actuator. Sure seems like its going to come thru just above the floor in the battery box on the starboard side and same location on the port side where the oil reservoir is. Can anyone with a 21SE confirm this is where yours mounts and the wiring/hydraulic lines come thru?

Also.. fuel lines run down the port side and all wiring runs down starboard side from the helm. With the actuator coming thru in the box I'm going to have to extend the standard 6' wires that come on the actuator to get it all the way back into the bilge and across to the starboard battery box. I'm pretty sure I can't or shouldn't run the port actuator line from the helm to the port box.. wires near fuel lines? In case of chaffing

Well I didn't get any responses on this so I'm updating it to help out anyone in the future that installs Bennett BOLT tabs on a 21 SE. The thru hull for wiring on the upper actuator did exit in the back boxes about 1" from the floor. Everything looks good.. testing it out today on the water.

See pics.

Attachments

• tabs1.JPG
    tabs1.JPG
    77.2 KB · Views: 163
  • tabs2.JPG
    tabs2.JPG
    117.1 KB · Views: 163
  • tabs3.JPG
    tabs3.JPG
    109.1 KB · Views: 163
Yes, Lencos mount lower because the actuator mounts at full 12" cord on the tab. Bennetts mount at 9" chord as you can see in my pics so that pushes actuators higher.

Anyway... What a difference!!! Just got back from testing and its like a different boat. Only pounded once in 2' chop in tampa bay.

Any mod V Parkers must have tabs...period.

Yes Tabs change a boat. :)

Bennetts mount at 9" chord as you can see in my pics so that pushes actuators higher.

Bennett makes 3 different length size actuators. I've run into this before, where the hyd hose would come out in a spot that was not desired.

Bennett will exchange your shorter ones for longer one's or visa versa. FREE!

It's just another reason why Bennett is the Leader.

Back