Should I ??

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

school skipper

Reaction score
Looking for some feedback regarding maintenance on 2006 yamaha 250 four stroke 1100 hours...
Never had VST filter changed.....
Never had timing belt replaced...
pre sale inspection has found motor to be clean and strong with great leak down and compression numbers.. Also corrosion free.
Question is, should I have these two items replaced?
Thanks for the feedback!

Yup, timing belt should be replaced after 1,000 hrs. also regular routine maintenance should include: replacing the water pump, water separator, thermostats, check lower unit oil, lube all grease fittings and there are a other fuel filters on the motor beside the VST filter that should be replaced. maybe you already know this, jus throwing it out there. Mike

Thanks Mike...
You confirmed what I was expecting to hear.... Would have liked to have found something with lower hours but engine has been well maintained and passed inspection with flying colors... Going to keep up maintenance routine in hopes of getting plenty more years out of her... The 2320 sl shes pushing is in unbelievable like new condition having been stored in a shelter when not in the water! Think I may be joining the family soon!

Something not mentioned......The motors external & internal anodes need to be checked and or changed.

Back