2310 Has Anyone Raised the F250 All the Way?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Billy V

Reaction score
Hello All,

It's almost time for a service and I may want to tweak the motor a little more - but first I want know....
- Has anyone raised the motor all the way ?? What can I expect ??

Most of you have seen my mods:
http://www.classicparker.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=15993
2007 2310 DV w/Bracket F250
4 Blade Rev 4 - 17P
12x18 Tabs (located in the correct position)
Motor Height 3rd hole from the top - got 1 hole to go.

- If you have raised your motor all the way please share your experience.
Thanks
Bill

I've raised mine all the way on my 2120. I know this doesn't help you much as not the same beast. I will tell you that I have had a few occasions that I have thought about dropping it back down 1 hole. I've not done that as I'm still evaluating. I'm going wait and see how this season goes with it. If yours is performing well 1 hole from all the way up then I would consider leaving it alone a little longer unless you have an easy situation moving it. Did you ever try the Permatrim? If not, maybe try that and leave the motor where it is? That will give you more stern lift and perhaps 1 hole down will be the sweet spot with that combo?

- It really has to be the exact same boat and configuration for an accurate comparison. I was hoping to get lucky and find someone who tried it.

There is a dramatic difference between these boats, even between the same model.
Eg. With Bracket Vs. No Bracket - HP, Prop, Bait Tank, etc.

Anyone tried to raise the motor All the Way on a 2310 w/F250 on a Bracket ?

Don't do it. Your at the right spot. I have a 2330 with full transom at the time I had a 200 HDMI. I moved the motor to every hole. When I got to the top the motor would come out of the water. On waves and on turns. I now have a 250 and they mounted all the way down. She runs great. I just spoke to the mech about going up one or two holes. He ran the boat with me and said. Don't raise it. As you go up with the motor, your going up with the bow and ass end goes down.

shawnee83":3uan11d4 said:
I've raised mine all the way on my 2120. I know this doesn't help you much as not the same beast. I will tell you that I have had a few occasions that I have thought about dropping it back down 1 hole. I've not done that as I'm still evaluating. I'm going wait and see how this season goes with it. If yours is performing well 1 hole from all the way up then I would consider leaving it alone a little longer unless you have an easy situation moving it. Did you ever try the Permatrim? If not, maybe try that and leave the motor where it is? That will give you more stern lift and perhaps 1 hole down will be the sweet spot with that combo?
Wanted to know if you lowered the motor? As you raised your motor, did you get more RPM and speed? If so, how much more speed ? My motor is all the way down (250 4 stroke). She rides great. I know we all talk about raising the motor. I can run 40 WOT and she plans at 2,200 rpm. I think with the power of the 250 is great for my 2320. The only thing, will I get better gas mpg ? My mech. Said don't raise it, I still want to go up two holes. Don't know what I should do.

Marty D":17a78naf said:
shawnee83":17a78naf said:
Wanted to know if you lowered the motor? As you raised your motor, did you get more RPM and speed? If so, how much more speed ? My motor is all the way down (250 4 stroke). She rides great. I know we all talk about raising the motor. I can run 40 WOT and she plans at 2,200 rpm. I think with the power of the 250 is great for my 2320. The only thing, will I get better gas mpg ? My mech. Said don't raise it, I still want to go up two holes. Don't know what I should do.
Hi Marty,

Sorry for the late response - been fishing like crazy this year. Many Bluefin, some over 200 lbs.

To answer your question:
I left my motor in the 3rd hole from the top. I did not go that extra hole to full height.
Rough seas would have caused the prop to blow out.

I think it is in the best position possible for speed, and fuel economy now. 2.4 mpg @ 24-25 mph. 4200 rpm. 4 blade 17P rev4 prop. It plains well and stays there once she's up and running.

As much as I like my boat I am considering going larger - the 25 ft
Either the 2510 or 2520. Several guys have them locally and run the Yamaha 200 HP 4 cylinder motors on them.
I am trying to get a ride on one to decide if its worth the extra money.

Billy, you have the 23 ft Parker. Deep V ? Is that a cabin or CC ? When I was looking I when for a ride on the 2320 and 25 ft. Both had deep V and full transom. They ride the same. There was more room in cabin on the 25. Price difference was $40,000. I didn't want the 2 motor. If your going to trailer it then it's ok but if not, it gets expensive. I see lots of guys down grading from 28 and 25 to 2320. If you offshore fish a lot, you feel safe with that 2nd motor. They had a show on tv last month about - one or two motors for offshore fishing. Years ago motors were not as good as today. We have sea tow now and the vhf radio are much better. I went out a lot offshore fishing with my 2330. 60 miles out. A few times 100 miles out. Did you know at 99 miles out your GPS stops. That was crazy. I got into heavy seas -6 ft to 8 and maybe more and that 2320 handle it. I didn't handle it as well. I kiss the dock when I got back. I did have a Yamaha kicker on at that time. It's just 2 X the money with 2 motors. If I had the money, I would not get the 25. I would get the 28. I shocked a lot of boater with that 2320 Parker when I fished the fishing tour down in De. I was with the big boys 40 ft boat and bigger. I won a few tuna and shark tour.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    122.5 KB · Views: 286
Hello All,

It's almost time for a service and I may want to tweak the motor a little more - but first I want know....
- Has anyone raised the motor all the way ?? What can I expect ??

Most of you have seen my mods:
12"x18" Trim Tab Install
2007 2310 DV w/Bracket F250
4 Blade Rev 4 - 17P
12x18 Tabs (located in the correct position)
Motor Height 3rd hole from the top - got 1 hole to go.

- If you have raised your motor all the way please share your experience.
Thanks
Bill

I have a 2005 2310 with bracketed yamaha f250, 12x18 trim tabs, and permatrim. My motor is as low as it goes... #1 bolt position. Is there benefit in raising the motor?

I have a 2005 2310 with bracketed yamaha f250, 12x18 trim tabs, and permatrim. My motor is as low as it goes... #1 bolt position. Is there benefit in raising the motor?

Looks like it may have been higher at some point as I can see bolt marks....(second hole from the bottom)

Attachments

• IMG_20210308_121920667_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20210308_121920667_HDR.jpg
    856.5 KB · Views: 17
Back