Volvo D4-225 Installed in my Parker 2520

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fish Magnet

Reaction score
Dear Fellow Parker Owners:

I love my Parker 2520 but wanted more range, more reliability and three stations. I was going to put a AD41P in but the cost for a fresh overhaul was very close to the cost of a new D4-225. The boat should be done in a few weeks and I will post pics then, it is my dream trailer boat and I am hoping it turns out as good as I expect it to.

New tower done, new Garmin Electronics done new, shore power system with battery minders, new Stainless 190 Gallon Fuel Tank (slightly larger than original 170 aluminum tank. Fuel polishing system, big raw water strainer for bait system and wash down water.......new hatches installed and painted bilges and opened up the area in front of the engine for my fuel and batteries.

The D4 system has cruise control, electronic controls, power steering, fuel computer and can interface to the NavNet so I can get fuel at destination info on my Garmins. I will have start stop and engine gauges at all three stations....I am really looking forward to not having to go inside to drive.

Has anyone heard of a Parker with the D4-225 installed in it?

Hope some can connect me quickly with a D4 Parker owner soon so I can get any helpful input on the install.

Mike Borden
Fish Magnet
San Diego, CA

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    119 KB · Views: 400
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    121.5 KB · Views: 400
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    122 KB · Views: 400
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    86 KB · Views: 400
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    112.4 KB · Views: 400
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    141.4 KB · Views: 400
Here is a pic of the engine going in and one slightly assembled.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    88.4 KB · Views: 398
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    146 KB · Views: 398
Sweet!
First one that I have seen here. Love the project photos!

I've got a 95 2520 with a Volvo ad41P. She's a slow ole turd but she sure is economical!
I'm drooling over this D4!!!!!! I wish I could afford to drop one in mine! please post more pics!!!!!

Captainsauls":10ref48w said:
I've got a 95 2520 with a Volvo ad41P. She's a slow ole turd but she sure is economical!
I'm drooling over this D4!!!!!! I wish I could afford to drop one in mine! please post more pics!!!!!

What is your cruise speed and fuel consumption?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ktomlinson":1khh36z2 said:
Captainsauls":1khh36z2 said:

What is your cruise speed and fuel consumption?

I want to say 9gph @ 20knots
I'm in the process of rebuilding the boat now. Hoping to achieve 9-10gph at 25knot cruise
Check out my thread in the project section. "Help a noob out" is the name of it... I think....

More pics of the Fish Magnet with the Volvo D4-225

Attachments

• IMG_0987.JPG
    IMG_0987.JPG
    136.5 KB · Views: 200
  • IMG_0990.JPG
    IMG_0990.JPG
    115.5 KB · Views: 201
  • IMG_0986.JPG
    IMG_0986.JPG
    122.3 KB · Views: 201
Boat looks great. I really love how the deck looks. I would also like to know what material that is and the process for installing it. I'm planning on redoing my nonskid on my deck along with grinding out a few stress cracks. I think I would like to do my deck like this vs nonskid but concerned with how it would hold up. As you are obviously big into fishing I'm guessing it must be tough stuff?

Not to derail this thread in this beautiful boat, Parker uses Flexiteek on the new DC. It may be worth a look.

Back