2320/F250 Engine Height & Prop

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

willyk9

Reaction score
On my new to me 2008 I currently have the original prop and the motor in the original position all the way down.

Looking to possible move the motor up and try a different 3 or 4 blade prop.

If you have a 2320/F250 on a bracket please post your motor height and prop.

Thanks!!

So had my motor raise 2 holes last week and had my first trip today since.

Anyone with an F250 should go raise there motor 2 holes from the bottom tomorrow, absolutely rides and feels like a different boat.

- New bottom paint
- Full fuel tank (150 gal)
- Crew of 3
- Stock 15.5x17 3 blade painted SS prop
- SE Sport 400 foil
- I run a pretty heavy load, 4 survival suits, 50lbs of sinkers, 2 or 3 anchors, lot of chain, 1000' of line, fishing gear, ect.....

Against the tide, flat bay -

29.5 mph, 4600 rpm, 2.2 mpg.

I did not record my numbers before raising the motor with new bottom paint but I am very happy with these numbers with the motor raised.

- Don't have the low and mid rpm vibration I used to feel
- Planes quicker
- Overall mpg definitely up
- Did not cavitate but definitely can't trim nearly up as much as I used to with the motor lower

As long as she handles well in a following sea you're good to go.........that will be your test as to how high you can go.

Had a good test yesterday coming back in a following sea, no cavitation but could not trim up as much as I used to be able to with the motor all the way down.

Real good test today....

Went looking for Bluefin today, ride out was a small bean chop and back in the same but good 2-4' and blowing 15-20.

Boat ran great, overall with running and trolling 140 miles and burned 70 gallons.

Crew of 3, lots of gear and ice, left with a full tank of fuel.

Come to the conclusion she rides like a new boat now......couldn't be more happier overall with the engine up 2 holes.

Wanted to provide an update since I have owned her for over a year and a half now.

Still have the motor raised 2 holes but certain times of the year I run a very heavy boat and with a little growth on the bottom wasn't happy with the overall performance.

Motor had the stock 19p 3 blade stainless black painted prop.

Now running a 17p OSI Turbo 4 blade and so far it's like night and day to me. Haven't run it much but I have a better hole shot, better cruise mpg, and it seems like this prop bites a ton better. Much improved throttle response as well.

Will try and get some more numbers but 4500 rpm with a medium load I am seeing an increase of about .3/.4 mpg. Quick run in the bay today I am now seeing about 2.6-2.7 mpg at that rpm.

willyk9":3qpw255m said:
Wanted to provide an update since I have owned her for over a year and a half now.

Still have the motor raised 2 holes but certain times of the year I run a very heavy boat and with a little growth on the bottom wasn't happy with the overall performance.

Now running a 17p OSI Turbo 4 blade and so far it's like night and day to me. Haven't run it much but I have a better hole shot, better cruise mpg, and it seems like this prop bites a ton better. Much improved throttle response as well.

Will try and get some more numbers but 4500 rpm with a medium load I am seeing an increase of about .3/.4 mpg. Quick run in the bay today I am now seeing about 2.6-2.7 mpg at that rpm.
. I have the 2320 -250 HP and also raise motor but I when up 3 holes. One hole left but I will stay here. Big difference. Wait till you go with a 4 blade prop. I now can get on plane at 2800 RPM and hold. That's what I was looking for. Before moving motor up and with factory 3 blade, I had to hit 4000 RPM to be on plane.

Marty D":bn3daqqe said:
willyk9":bn3daqqe said:

. I have the 2320 -250 HP and also raise motor but I when up 3 holes. One hole left but I will stay here. Big difference. Wait till you go with a 4 blade prop. I now can get on plane at 2800 RPM and hold. That's what I was looking for. Before moving motor up and with factory 3 blade, I had to hit 4000 RPM to be on plane.
Are you checking WOT rpms?

B2

Brent, if your asking about my boat. WOT I’m at 5900 at 44 mph. I lost 100 RPM with the 4 blade. I couldn’t be more happy how she rides. 2800 rpm holding at plane is saving me gas. I would of never known to raise the motor - replace W/ 4 blade if it wasn’t for Dale and Classic parker. Now I’m thinking to put permtrim on. I don’t want to drill holes or find out I have to lower the motor. Hard call. How much better can it get? Lol. My gas gauge is off by 1/4 tank so I write the numbers down on every fill. Because my Dad is always on the boat and he pays for the fuel, I’m running full tank to 1/2 all the time and my numbers are always 3 MPG to 3.2. I run 4500 to 5000 - 34 to 38 MPH

Marty D":dyprt1b5 said:
Brent, if your asking about my boat. WOT I’m at 5900 at 44 mph. I lost 100 RPM with the 4 blade. I couldn’t be more happy how she rides. 2800 rpm holding at plane is saving me gas. I would of never known to raise the motor - replace W/ 4 blade if it wasn’t for Dale and Classic parker. Now I’m thinking to put permtrim on. I don’t want to drill holes or find out I have to lower the motor. Hard call. How much better can it get? Lol. My gas gauge is off by 1/4 tank so I write the numbers down on every fill. Because my Dad is always on the boat and he pays for the fuel, I’m running full tank to 1/2 all the time and my numbers are always 3 MPG to 3.2. I run 4500 to 5000 - 34 to 38 MPH
Marty you are set. I was posting to help all

B2

Nerve set. Lol. I am now looking to install permtrim but with Motor raise up already and having the 4 blade on, I’m afraid I may have to much lift ??? I know I can use it when 4 guys are on boat with scuba gear and 8 tanks. Tell you this, having 5 difference boats in my life time and always fixing them just to keep up, the parker boat never had problems so I’m always improving it rather then fixing it and that makes it so much more enjoyable. Parker for life !!!!

Attachments

• 38955E2D-5B55-454B-93E7-EE33CD1B8A3F.jpeg
    38955E2D-5B55-454B-93E7-EE33CD1B8A3F.jpeg
    42.3 KB · Views: 225
Back