2004 2120 4 blade prop?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

In2Deep

Reaction score
In the process of tweaking my 2120 DVSC. Added a permatrim,raised the motor and repropped to a Yamaha black SS 13 3/4 X 17 M2. Feeling a 4 blade prop would be better,sooo, anyone with a F150 have any experience with the 4 blade props? likes ,dislikes?

What are your numbers? Cruising speed on plane? WOT? GPH? GPM? Full tank w/ 2 people

Well I just raised the motor and have yet to get out and see where Im at. I purcheased the boat last year and put a M9 Permatrim on before the season started. Ran it for 2 months and felt it was wearing the wrong prop. WOT was 5000 and it sounded like the motor wasent in its sweet spot. So I re-proped to a Yamaha 13 3/4 X 17 M2 black stainless which helped with the rpms. The boat also felt smoother,although it raised my cruise rpms to 4000 from 3200. Ill report back after some time with the motor at the new height.
thanks

Also I dont have a fuel flow meter ,so burn rates are not available. Just going by RPMs,mph,motor /cavitation plate and the ass meter!!

Prop you put on is about right. You said you were on plan 3300 now 4K? Should be the other way around. If that's right, you could go down to 16 with prop. The 13size you have is good. Do your test. Get you boat on plan with the lowest RPM. Without trim tabs. You can trim the motor but no tabs. also RPM at WOT with motor trim. What is the factory RPM at WOT ? 5200?

Ok,1/2 tank fuel,12-15 knot breeze with 2' chop,2 people and regular fishing gear. Gets on plane by 3800 rpm @ 16 mph. WOT @ 5300 rpm @ 33mph. Factory testing WOT was stated to be 5800rpm @ 39 mph.
With the motor all the way up on the transom I can still trim the motor a decent amount. I noticed the trim tab anode by the prop under the cavitation plate was missing. The boat always requires me to trim the bow down on the port side? Even when I'm alone. Boat is weighted pretty evenly. Lists to the port side slightly ,like most do at rest.
Opinions?
Thanks

Back