New trailer?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hammered

Reaction score
Getting ready to purchase a new trailer and was wondering what model load rite roller trailer I should be looking for a 2320.

I think these models can be had with rollers. On Parker site a 2320 test weight with full tanks is listed as 6,227 lbs. you can add another 200 ish lbs for your gear? That should get you in the ball park.

Using the figures from above.....If they are correct? A 7000GVW trailer is not enough.

People will just buy a factory trailer, where as I try to buy custom. Now with that said. The trailer I have for my 2530 is basicly stock......BUT it's made for a 28 -29ft boat.

So....You want a FULL length trailer, meaning the trailer frame comes all the way even with the transom. I usually have them extend the tounge by 18in...This keeps the tow vehicle out of the water. Probably not necessary if you buy a trailer for 26 -27ftr as it will be longer.

Correction, these don't come in roller options. You can get quick slide bunks though. I don't see any of their roller models that are big enough for your boat. Perhaps I missed it. Are you not able to float the boat at all at your ramps? For ease of maintenance, bunks are better, JMO, The 2nd one I listed, ending LBT2 list capacity at 8,400 lbs, and should do the job for sure. Those weights were not GVW but load capacity of the trailer if I'm understanding the spec sheet correctly. Bow eye to transum max listed at 24'6" minimum is 22'6" and overall length as 28'8". Only thing that may be of concern is with bow pulpit length is listed as 30'9" on Parker site. I think my 2120 is 26'2" back of engine(down) to pulpit? This it's not a bracket boat like yours. I don't have trouble launching and loading keeping tow vehicle out of the water. Again, depends on your situation (ramps) on that as a longer tongue may be nescessary for your application. When my boat is loaded on my trailer the front edge of the pulpit is about even with the front of the trailer tongue. It is the stock OE trailer so they don't over spec them for sure. I've towed it from MA to NC and 1, 300 mile each way run in NC and it towed just fine. If I were to replace it however, I would get one with a higher capacity than I currently have which is around 5,500 or 6K. Can't quite remember but it's pushing it to the upper limit.

Back