Trailer for a 99 2520

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

99Parker2520

Reaction score
I am thinking about a new trailer for my 2520. With the NE tides I think I need a roller trailer and want to know the pros and cons of an aluminum vs. galvanized. I do want torsions rather than springs. Anyone have a roller alum trailer for a 2520?

When I bought my 2520 out of RI, I got a brand new venture trailer from Parker Marine in Bristol. Kind of funny to buy a used Parker boat from a used boat dealer named Parker Marine. It held up well coming across the US. I have a bunk style here with a 25'+ tide change where I live. Our launch ramps tend to be steep. My father got the same trailer with rollers at the same time and he is happy with it for his 2520. I can launch and recover my 2520 when my rear tires are just at the water line. My trailer is Galvanized and I have not had any problems with it in the two years I have had it. I like the steel because its a little more robust and if needed, simpler to weld to. The galvanizing where I live will last 15-20 years when left in the water so with limited exposure to the saltwater, the trailer should last me a good long time.

Some think that a roller trailer I'd easier to load/unload. Depends on your ramp.

A roller trailer is easier to unload with a Travelift. When my boat came up to Maine from Florida, it came up on a bunk trailer. We had to launch it at a boat ramp then reload it on the yard's Brownell hydraulic trailer to take it back to the yard for the needed work. Hardly the end of the world, but it was an extra step and time is money.

The ease of the roller trailer for me is the ramp I most often use is not the steepest so often times I can only float the boat a 1/4 of the way on the trailer during low tide. I can walk out on the trailer to hook up and winch it on ( by hand ) or power it up most of the way and finish by cranking it up. With a bunk trailer I think I would have even more of a difficult time loading in these conditions. Looks like I have a couple options.
Buy new or replace all of the hardware and live with it.

Back