Suggestions on Trailer for new 2520xl?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnkn

Reaction score
Although I keep my 2520 in the water I'd like to pick up a trailer. Suggestions on a good trailer, features I'd want, brand, where to purchase (I'm in southern Md) and price? Thanks

I've sold a LOT of trailers for Brad the owner.....and I don't even work for him..... They will ship.

http://www.aluminumboattrailer.com/contact.html

hitechlogo2.gif

You want a FULL length trailer. IE: the trailer frame comes even with the transom......Not some short ass trailer that bunks are cantilevered aft.

Torsion bar suspension.
Posi-Lube spindles.

If I had to buy a trailer today for that boat.....It would be a dual axle with 6Klb axles under it.

Tri axles are a real pain.

Your boat is going to weigh about 7500lbs full of fuel with the motor.

The trailer will weigh about 1500lbs.

That's 9000lbs giving you a good reserve to 12,000GVW

Keel bunks are always a good idea as well.
Keeps from dinging up your keel on the trailer cross braces.

I have a Sport Trail for my 21SE - best trailer I have ever owned - period - and I have owned a bunch. It was right in the middle cost wise to the other 3 trailers I specked out. After adding ladders on the sides and front for easy access and upgrading the wheels it was still in the middle. I got just about every upgrade, only single disc brakes, and will never own another trailer. Only downside was it cost me $500 to have someone bring it up from Bayport MS - but well worth it and after all that it was still cheaper than the Venture I priced out.
Owners name is Kevin Desselle
Sport Trail LLC
228-467-1885
https://www.facebook.com/sport.trail

I just ordered a new custom Sport Trail trailer. Wow they're nice. thanks all

Wow, Sport Trail called today, my aluminum trailer is ready. Order to completion was 2 weeks. I ended up adding the custom aluminum wheels, spare wheel/tire/hub, (2) rear side ladders, and electric over hydraulic brakes on all 4 wheels. SS calipers and torsion axles are standard. Should be a nice trailer. I'll post some pics when I pick it up.

Brent":1fsd9fb9 said:
I dont have a trailer and when I buy one, I will tow it home 300 miles then load the boat
Is there a lot of adjustments to perform for a bunk trailer?

No dumb questions here. :wink:

A reputable trailer shop should be able to set the bunks up for your trailer before you even leave the lot.
The Parker hull specifications are well known. If in doubt, call the factory and they will give you the specs.

Having said that... make sure that they add keel bunks too.
They will position your boat while loading and guard against keel damage from the trailer cross braces.

Yep, and Sport Trail trailers are custom made for your hull, no adjustments. Once they build one for a boat they make a jig in order to replicate them in the future.

Megabyte":2gahsu4h said:
johnkn":2gahsu4h said:
I ended up adding ... electric over hydraulic brakes on all 4 wheels.

That addition should be awesome !

I wanted to be able to use a weight distributing hitch which generally won't work with a surge brake setup. I'm glad I caught my oversight before it was too late.

Back