LENCO VS BENNETT TRIM TABS

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TWOBOATER

Reaction score
If anyone is thinking about new or replacement trim tabs for their boat I recommend going with Bennett. I have dealt with Bennett and Lenco for warranty service / replacement and Lenco has been a real PITA to deal with. Bennett tech support is great, and their tabs are far more reliable. I have had 5 times more trouble / replacements with Lenco equipment than with Bennett gear. It costs more initially but Bennett is the way to go IMHO.

My favorite are Bennet blades which are superior to the Lenco product.......Lenco actuators because they are electric/responsive, less components to deal with and I never had a lick of trouble from them.

It's a great combo.

I've ALLWAY's installed Bennett,s due to customer service. Lenco service I've heard is not that bad, but this is due to Bennett setting the Standard.
In fact....Their Standard leads ALL the marine industry!

It's a fact that Lenco's react faster, but that's been a non factor to me....To some people it is a factor.

The other thing is Lenco's are easier/ faster to install.....This is why dealers like them.

I replaced my Lenco Acuators when I first bought my 2120 about 3 years ago. It was one of the things I found to be I need of repair during the buying process. They were both making noise but frozen up(at least I knew they had power :D ). The boat was about 7 years old with a little under 300 hrs of use. Probably not being used much and being a NE boat contributed but still not good IMO. I did call Lenco CS 1 time with some basic questions and I had a reasonable experience. I just ordered replacement Actuators online so CS was not much of a factor or need with me. As Wart says, it's easy to just butt splice a few wires on Lenco's vs the hydrolic motors and lines. Later I replaced my tabs when upgrading to larger ones. I did find corrosion on the tab hinges from contact with bottom paint? Without personally ever comparing Lenco to Bennett quality I can see why I have read many comments that the Bennett tabs are better. Wish I had checked out the Bennets before I purchased my new tabs. Since replacing my Actuators and Tabs I have had zero problems though and have been satisfied with how they operate. Now I'll just have to see how they hold up in the long run?

Any one have the pins come out of the bottom of Bennett piston,the pin holds tab bracket to piston?

Mike h":tbrmkpko said:
Any one have the pins come out of the bottom of Bennett piston,the pin holds tab bracket to piston?

Nope......Are you calling the Ram a piston?

Call Bennett.

By the way..... A post like this needs Pix's.

I just replaced my Bennett hyd with Lenco I had a Lenco led indicator. I had to add fluid 2-3 times per season never could find any leaks not knocking Bennett but less maint and no fluid. The Bennett system was working when replaced just got tired of the fluid thing. I boat in fresh water so only have 1/3 problems you salt water guys have

i only have experience with Lenco. i had one go bad under warranty and they overnighted it to me no charge. Good luck. It took me that to teach the children it was not a step.

Sorry,

I'm late to the party, I still check in here time to time and you can reach me at [email protected] if you ever need me in a hurry :)

We make both electric systems and hydraulic systems these days. Both systems have a lifetime warranty on the actuators (rams). Also both systems use our corrosion resistant interlocking hinge system as well.

Tom McGow
Bennett Marine

Back