New 4 blade & raised motor.

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marty D

Reaction score
On my 2320 Parker. Suzuki 250. I replaced with 4 blade and raised the motor 3 holes from top. Old spec. 40 mph at 5600. 1.8 to 2.4 mph - 3800 rpm on plane. At 4000 RPM 38 MPH with 1/2 tank --- Now. 44 mph -6100 RPM- 3 MPG- 2800 rpm on plane - at 4000 RPM she doing 30 MPH with a full tank 150 gall. The old spec was 1/2 tank - new spec is with full tank. It can only get better.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    124 KB · Views: 227
Dealer put it all the way down. I came up two more holes.

Marty D":2u1tpgqm said:
Dealer put it all the way down. I came up two more holes.

They always do..... It's so it doesn't cavatate for sure.... They could care less about your performance or fuel millage.

It can go up one more but I'm at the max 6100 rpm. I will leave it. For now ???

If I were you I would leave it there too. Like you said, at least for now. Your numbers sound great. Run it for a season or a decent amount of time and see how it goes. Mine is a different set up obviously but I did go all the way up and I've been happy with it overall. However, I have had a few instances where I have thought about dropping it down 1 hole. Keep us posted on how it performs down the road.

You made 2 changes at once. What are the dimensions of the original 3 blade prop and the new 4 blade prop? Sounds like you may have gone down slightly in diameter. Thanks

I did the prop first about a month ago and my number got better. I wanted to raise motor but had the family here all Sumer using the boat. The factory prop was 3x16x20 SS. New prop I dropped the pitch not the size. 4x16x19 SS. The 16 size I know Suzuki with there low reduction can handle the 16 size. I was at 5600 rpm with the old prop. I wanted more RPM. It went from 5600 to 5900. Then when I raised motor, she went up 200 more. The prop I used was - DESCRIPTION:
LFS4 - 16.00” diameter. I can thank Dale for that info.

Back