2003 df140 reviews on 18 parker

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

camron

Reaction score
Hi guys i am curious if anyone has any reviews on this engine? Looking at a pair of 2003 df140 suzukis they have 575 hours on them. The owner is repowering with 150s. One of the motors has water getting into the oil so i figure i may keep that one for parts or investigate the water intrusion. Anything particular i should look out for on this series of engine?

I had a 2013 df115 on my maritime skiff i sold and i thought that motor was awsome. Also if anyone has any performance info on the 140 on the parker that would be great.
Thanks
Camron

Well I bought 2 140's off a twin setup going to be going on the 18 i will let you know when I get it in the water for a run

Thanks these two are coming with a set of stainless props on it so I will see how the boat runs with them.

I'm guessing that the motors were on a boat together?

Your going to need to reprop more than likely.

The pitch will be to high. You wamnt to run the Suzuki 14in dia. props....Suzuki has a lower gear ratio than anyone else.

Thanks for the info they were a pair that was on a cat. I will check and aee what props they are. Do you have that diamiter prop?

What are you looking to get for the props? The ones that came with the motors are wrong.

Out of curiosity whould you know what would need to be done to change the counter rotator over to the standard rotation? I would assume it will be more than just changing out the lower unit.

$200 for the props each. + shipping

Nope just change the lower unit. The cowl does have a sticker that says counter rotation on it.

I have swapped the units on my old boat.

Some boats will get more stern lift by having the props turn out instead of in.

Usually counter is on Port side.

Back