Help with Outboard Issue

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sara F

Reaction score
I have a 2007 Yamaha 200hp Four stroke (F200TXR). I noticed water coming out of a small hole on top of the thermostat housing on the starboard side of the outboard when I had the garden hose hooked up to the engine flush hose. I am thinking that a freeze plug popped out, but I am not certain if these engines have a freeze plug in that area. Any ideas? I saw a small piece of black material around the hole.

Brent, here is the picture, it is a close up shot. The hole is perfectly round and is on the top of the thermostat housing on the engine block. Thanks for the response....

Attachments

• F200TXR - Thermostat Housing.jpg
    F200TXR - Thermostat Housing.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 179
Brent after closer inspection it does appear to be caused by corrosion. I have confirmed it with my local Yamaha dealer. He said it happens occasionally on engines used in the saltwater environment. Nothing I did or didn't do to cause it. The remedy, according to the dealer, is to fill with something like JB Weld in the spring when it is a bit warmer outside. He suggested filling the hole from both the inside and the outside. We shall see in the spring. Thanks for the response. I'll post, what i hope to be a successful remedy in the spring. Stay tuned!!!!!

Back