Could you put twins on a 2120??

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blazman234

Reaction score
Full disclosure we have had a lot of snow in the north east and as I was looking out the window day dreaming about summer I was wondering if the 2120 could have twins. Either twin 90's or possibly twin 115's which would be 5 hp over max. Reason I ask is I watched some videos about joystick controls and that made me think of twin engines which then lead me to the idea in the first place. This is pure curiosity as my engine is only two years old. Nick.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say no on that. I just don't see how they would fit in the notch and even if they did I don't think the steering linkage and cylinder would have enough room to function. JMO

Believe me.... The boat will handle so much better with a Big single.

A single 225 will not have the drag that the twins do.

A single 225 will weigh less than the twins do. This gets into other problems with the twins, like scuppers under water and always having a wet deck.

It will get better mileage with the Big single.

As to coming home on one if the other is broken down....... Your sucking out of the same tank.... So bad fuel will effect both.
The proping of twins is higher number pitch, so it will be a Pig running on one motor.... I dought if you could even get it up on plane with one motor when it's proped for twins.

Back