Experience with a Jack Plate on 2120 SC

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luv2fish

Reaction score
I have a friend with a high end bass boat that is also an engineer. He's done a lot of research on jack plates and is convinced my 2120 with a Yamaha F150 could greatly benefit from a jack plate. I did some research on the site and there is a bit of discussion on a jack plate but I was wondering, including that Parker doesn't support the use of one. Any updated knowledge, experience with a jack plate on a pilot house? I've been thinking of moving my motor up one hole and if a jack plate is a good idea, I would just add that at the time.

Thanks for any information/experience.

Steve

I've always thought that a jack plate was just for raising the motor up or lowering it down basically using the same mounting angle of the current transum? So it was just for being able to raise up a motor for operating in skinny water where you can bring you engine straight up and get the prop above or even ish with the bottom of the hull? As operating a 2120 in super skinny water is unlikely then I'm wondering what your are trying to achieve?

shawnee83":293j61hf said:
I've always thought that a jack plate was just for raising the motor up or lowering it down basically using the same mounting angle of the current transum? So it was just for being able to raise up a motor for operating in skinny water where you can bring you engine straight up and get the prop above or even ish with the bottom of the hull? As operating a 2120 in super skinny water is unlikely then I'm wondering what your are trying to achieve?

Agree that the jack plate is for lifting the motor but it also puts it a few inches back from the transom. There is a natural "swell" when the water leaves the transom and the jack plate puts the motor into that swell, giving more water to the propeller. The motor being higher but in more water at WOT is the key. Also agree that I won't use the 2120 in skinny water. I'm skeptical that the money is really worth it but was just asking for any real world experience.

Steve

Back