21' SE Yamaha 150 prop recommendation?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phumb

Reaction score
Just read through the prop data base and saw that "hakr" had some interesting numbers with a 15-1/4 x 15 three blade prop... Unfortunately he hasn't been around for a while and wondering if they were even legit? I have a 13.75 17-m that needs a recon and am wondering if I'd be better off with something else even though I assume this is OEM.. boat is 06, no top, 2 stroke 150 yami, not usually loaded... Any thoughts? Thanks!

Is this the post you are referring to? viewtopic.php?f=19&t=3522

I have a 2001 150 HPDi - same wprop I turn top speed of 31 loaded (its always full of fuel and usually 3 200lb guys). I light tackle jig and move a lot both at slow speed and general run around 4000 RPM - fuel burn is good not great - not sure of exact GPH unfortunately. Normal trip 50 miles - 15 gallons. I don't think that's bad, don't think too hard about gas with 2 guys contributing. But the Yamalube is killing me. Not sure if any of that helped but I would say that the smaller wheel is more efficient and I have noticed a big difference in performance since dropping down from a 17" wheel.

I have a 21se, 150 two stroke, that came with a Yamaha black S/S 15X17 prop. Did not like the prop at all! Sold it and bought a Propco , 14 1/4X15 # SSLYR15SP three blade prop. Performance is much better with a top speed of 41 with two big guys and half tank of fuel.Turns about 5200 RPM at wide open and the sweet spot is 3500 to 4000RPM

My second prop is an Michigan Apollo three balde 14 3/8X15 #993042 that I picked up on ebay for a great price. I like this prop for heavy loads, full tank of gas, 35 gal bait tank and three guys. About the same top end but turns a couple hundred more RPM's at WOT.

Back