Pulling your boat out to power wash bottom

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marty D

Reaction score
My boat been in for a month and the bottom is all green already. I normally pull boat once all summer to power wash but it looks like it's going to be more then once this season. Do you guys pull boat out to power wash?

When did you last paint the bottom? What paint?

A couple of things.....Run the boat more.

But I'd think it may have to do with the mild winter and the water warmer this time of year than it normally would be.

Pull up to a beach and get out and scrub it with a brush.

I think the big question is what kind of bottom paint is on the boat? Ablative paint is multi-season. You can haul the boat for the winter and splash it again in the spring without reprinting. But a conventional hard paint must be repainted. If it is left out of the water for the winter the paint will be "dead" in the spring.

I use ablative paint on my trawler in Fl, where it spends the summer on the hard. I didn't have any information on the paint on My Parker and it didn't do well last summer. So we repainted with ablative before we relaunched the spring. I full well expect at least two years out of the paint jobs...hoping for three.

Back